What's new

Willy Wonka review at Amazon (1 Viewer)

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
The problem is that Amazon has no evaluation for technical presentation of the film. The rating is for the MOVIE only, not how it's presented on DVD. At least, all the user reviews are meant to be about the movie only.
Thus, I'm sure they will remove reviews that go "This is an amazing movie, but pan&scan only sucks, and THAT is why I give it 1 star!". That will just foul up the rating for the entire movie.
Heck, they even have reviews for the VHS version in that list of reviews, meaning that they only have one set of reviews for any given movie.
They should separate the reviews, IMHO. They should also add a "technical" review rating, separate from the movie.
Until they do, like I said, you people posting 1-star reviews based on the technical issue will probably keep getting deleted. If, however, you write a 1-star review based on the movie, ie "This movie gave me nightmares as a child, don't see it!" it will probably be accepted...
But keep in mind, that review will haunt the MOVIE itself perpetually on Amazon... so you won't be hurting WB, or the current botched release, you'll be turning people away from the movie itself! Don't do that unless you sincerely hate this movie.
And yes, for the record, I signed the petition and think what WB are doing is despicable.
------------------
/Kimmo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks