Will you buy a Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV online?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by orestes, Mar 22, 2006.

1. orestes

orestes Second Unit

Will you buy a Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV online for under $850 even though it is not an authorized online retailer? BTW, my local BB (Magnolia) sells this unit for the suggested retail price about $1200.

I have changed my mind about buying any Denon product for the rest of my short life.

Notice what this site says about the unit

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...xv&svbname=403

Oh, I forgot to mention that I do trust etronics since I bought a DVD player from them a few years back.

Thanks,
    orestes

2. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

3. orestes

orestes Second Unit

Thanks Chris. In any case, I am also planning to buy a 5 year extended warranty either online or at a local store since my previous Denon receiver died within 6 years of operation.

BTW, Id love to buy it at a local store, for it is more convenient to fix any problems with the unit at the local store; however, BB (Magnolia) asking price is $1200 + tax + extended warrant. So at Magnolia when all is said and done, I will be paying close to $1400-1500 whereas online the total cost including shipping is no more than $1100.

Hmm, it sounds reasanable what etronics is saying in that statement. I guess that if I buy the unit from them with extended warranty, and in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th year of operation the unit fails, I can use the extended warranty to repair it; otherwise, I may have to go thru the pain of dealing with etronics before the unit can even be inspected. At any rate, I will think about this some more.

Chris, where did you find that soundpros.com are more willing to cover the unit? I think I found where soundpros.com states its policy regarding repair of the unit under manufactorer's warranty, and this is what it says:

Now I cannot find soundpros.com issuing an extended warranty on the unit at its web site.

Regards,
    orestes

4. ChrisHeflen

Orestes,

I don't think they offer an extended warranty like Etronics does.
    If you don't mind paying for that, I would think that is a good idea especially with the savings you will be getting and the iffy warranty coverage.

It seems like Soundpros is more willing from this statement...

To be sure, I am all for buying from a local store for the convienience. See if you can shop around locally and get someone to budge on the price a little.

5. orestes

orestes Second Unit

Chris

I guess I will have to buy it locally since I am having such a bad experience with Denon in particular, and I am hoping that this will be my last receiver. However, I am finding out that my "old" receiver rack is not big enough to store the Elite unit; thus, I will have to buy a new rack, preferably one wheel, for I live in a small apartment and when I am cleaning, wheels make my life easier.

Let me see what I can do. Thanks for your input. BTW, I am limited to move around, for I don't drive any more since I am not as young as I used to be.

Regards,
    orestes

6. ChrisHeflen

Orestes,
    Good luck in your decision. Let us know what you end up with. I am sure you will make the best choice.

7. orestes

orestes Second Unit

I did a search for this Elite unit in this forum, and someone was complaining that his receiver was running a bit hot. Does anyone know if this unit is having problems too.

BTW, this is his thread:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ighlight=72TXV

and this is what Yong Chan from Dallas said:

Regards,
    orestes