What's new

Will you buy a Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV online? (1 Viewer)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Will you buy a Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV online for under $850 even though it is not an authorized online retailer? BTW, my local BB (Magnolia) sells this unit for the suggested retail price about $1200.

I have changed my mind about buying any Denon product for the rest of my short life.

Notice what this site says about the unit

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...xv&svbname=403

Oh, I forgot to mention that I do trust etronics since I bought a DVD player from them a few years back.

Thanks,
orestes

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Thanks Chris. In any case, I am also planning to buy a 5 year extended warranty either online or at a local store since my previous Denon receiver died within 6 years of operation.

BTW, Id love to buy it at a local store, for it is more convenient to fix any problems with the unit at the local store; however, BB (Magnolia) asking price is $1200 + tax + extended warrant. So at Magnolia when all is said and done, I will be paying close to $1400-1500 whereas online the total cost including shipping is no more than $1100.

Hmm, it sounds reasanable what etronics is saying in that statement. I guess that if I buy the unit from them with extended warranty, and in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th year of operation the unit fails, I can use the extended warranty to repair it; otherwise, I may have to go thru the pain of dealing with etronics before the unit can even be inspected. At any rate, I will think about this some more.

Chris, where did you find that soundpros.com are more willing to cover the unit? I think I found where soundpros.com states its policy regarding repair of the unit under manufactorer's warranty, and this is what it says:

Now I cannot find soundpros.com issuing an extended warranty on the unit at its web site.

Regards,
orestes

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Orestes,

I don't think they offer an extended warranty like Etronics does.
If you don't mind paying for that, I would think that is a good idea especially with the savings you will be getting and the iffy warranty coverage.

It seems like Soundpros is more willing from this statement...

To be sure, I am all for buying from a local store for the convienience. See if you can shop around locally and get someone to budge on the price a little.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Chris

I guess I will have to buy it locally since I am having such a bad experience with Denon in particular, and I am hoping that this will be my last receiver. However, I am finding out that my "old" receiver rack is not big enough to store the Elite unit; thus, I will have to buy a new rack, preferably one wheel, for I live in a small apartment and when I am cleaning, wheels make my life easier.

Let me see what I can do. Thanks for your input. BTW, I am limited to move around, for I don't drive any more since I am not as young as I used to be.

Regards,
orestes

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Orestes,
Good luck in your decision. Let us know what you end up with. I am sure you will make the best choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks