What's new

Will We Ever See 1776 on Blu-ray? (See Post #286 for the latest info from Sony) (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
So before I get too excited, is this something to be excited about? Either Sony, Twilight Time or Criterion would do a bang up job with a BD release. Ted, any news you can share?

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
atfree said:
Just an FYI:"1776" is now available in "HD" on Amazon Prime (free for Prime members). Says its 172 minutes.
Can you provide a direct link to the HD version - I can't seem to find anything but the older version.

Never mind, found it. I'm not sure this is a new transfer - it still seems a little brown to me - don't know for sure - it's 2:45 minutes

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I hope this is an indication that a Blu is on the way.While I would like the LD version, I understand it isn't the preferred version of the Director.I am OK with that (and I have zero desire in starting up that particular conversation again).What I was disappointed with for the DVD was the fact that the additional scenes were not even included as extras (especially the full length versions of Piddle, Twiddle, And Resolve and Lees Of Old Virginia). My hope is that would be rectified on any possible Blu-Ray release

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
David Weicker said:
I hope this is an indication that a Blu is on the way.While I would like the LD version, I understand it isn't the preferred version of the Director.I am OK with that (and I have zero desire in starting up that particular conversation again).What I was disappointed with for the DVD was the fact that the additional scenes were not even included as extras (especially the full length versions of Piddle, Twiddle, And Resolve and Lees Of Old Virginia). My hope is that would be rectified on any possible Blu-Ray release
Actually, this says it all

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
David Weicker said:
While I would like the LD version, I understand it isn't the preferred version of the Director.I am OK with that (and I have zero desire in starting up that particular conversation again).
At the risk of starting it up again, which version did we get on LD?--
The theatrical cut, or the DVD cut with the "And then the world blew up..." ending?

(I'm sure it must've been mentioned earlier in the thread, I just don't want to go look.)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I don't know what you are talking about. The LD cut had an overture, entracte, and exit music along with various trims restored that are literally mentioned on this page. The HD version is not news as iTunes and Vudu both offer one that is nearly complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks