What's new

Will we ever get to see BURDEN OF DREAMS on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Anchor Bay has done an exceptional job of releasing the films of Werner Herzog. If for no other reason they will forever be my favorite DVD studio. However, does anyone know who owns the rights to Les Blank's documentary about the making of Fitzcaraldo , Burden of Dreams ? I have always heard about how great it is but have never seen it. Will Anchor Bay or anyone else ever be releasing it on DVD?

Mike Levine

Agent
Real Name
Mike Levine
I don't know anything about a future DVD release but the Sundance Channel shows Burden of Dreams every now and then.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Les Blank owns the rights to Burden of Dreams himself (as he does for most of his films). I met him last year when he was the guest filmmaker in my documentary class. Very amiable, laid-back fellow. He sells video copies of pretty much everything he's made, including Burden of Dreams, on his website at:
http://www.lesblank.com/main.html
Unfortunately he doesn't have the money to produce DVDs of his work at the moment, and the VHS tapes are about $40 each because of limited quantities. You might be better off taping it off the Sundance channel.
- Guy

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info, I've always wanted to see this. I noticed it on Sundance awhile back but forgot to tape it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks