What's new

Will Veritas be preempted or delayed on the east coast? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The presidents speech is at 8pm on the east coast. I wonder if they will pre-empt or delay tonight's Veritas episode?

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator
Yes it will. In fact ABC is scrapping the whole night:

NEWS
March 17, 2003

ABC NEWS TO BROADCAST LIVE COVERAGE OF PRESIDENT BUSH’S ADDRESS
TO THE NATION AND SPECIAL EXTENDED REPORT TONIGHT

Peter Jennings to Anchor a Comprehensive Report on the Looming War Against Iraq

“When Diplomacy Fails” to Air Tonight Immediately Following the President’s Address

As America prepares for war against Iraq, ABC News will broadcast “When Diplomacy Fails,” a special report examining all aspects of the pending conflict -- including U.S. military preparations, the threat posed by Saddam Hussein, the ever-changing political dynamics in the Middle East, homeland security and the potential economic impact of war. ABC News will broadcast live coverage of President Bush’s address to the nation and “When Diplomacy Fails” from 8:00–11:00 p.m., ET (please note: President Bush’s address will air live in all time zones at 8:00 p.m., ET. On the West Coast at 8:00 p.m., PT, ABC News will re-broadcast the speech followed by “When Diplomacy Fails” in pattern.)

Peter Jennings will anchor the program, which will include reports from ABC News anchors and correspondents in the Gulf region, Europe and elsewhere around the globe. ABC News military and political consultants will provide their analysis of the pending conflict.

ABCNEWS.com the 24-hour news service of ABC News and part of the ABC Internet Group, will provide companion programming to tonight’s program.

ABC News Media Relations:
Jeffrey Schneider -- (212) 456-3587; [email protected]
Cathie Levine -- (212) 456-4934; [email protected]
Adam Pockriss – (212) 456-7243; [email protected]

-- ABC –

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
Okay... Now, he asked selfishly, what's the outlook for Crossing Jordan and Boston Public?
NBC plans on airing its entire Monday night line-up after the President's address to the nation. The funny thing is, i thought nearly the same thing myself. THe funny part is that I'm paid to write about stuff like the President's address for a living. :D But I need my "Jill Hennessy in HDTV" fix.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I was just gona start a thread about it.
Bush's address was only 15 mins, they could have continued with the TV shows right after, dropping ads for Veritas and fitting it in up to 9pm, then continue regularly with Miracles, etc, but they stick 4 hours of useless quacking and a montage of "My weenie is bigger than yours" of weapons.

I had no beef with Husein but now that I don't get to see some of my shows, I say go in already, kill him and his whole family, so I could view my series regularly. :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just spoke to the programming rep at my local(NYC)ABC affiliate. They said last nights shows will be shown next Monday.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Well, it's pretty clear at this point that ABC has no confidence in its Monday night lineup and will pretty much take any opportunity to pre-empt the shows. After all, the war hasn't started yet, and they were the only net to waste 3 hours on pre-war news coverage Monday night. I have a feeling neither Veritas or Miracles will make it to a second season, and they may not even make it through the current season. Which is a shame, I'll take either show over the incessant reality garbage we seem to be getting barraged with most nights of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks