What's new

Will they ever make a special edition dvd for the Neverending Story ??? (1 Viewer)

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
I'd buy one... grew up watching this movie, have a fondness for it.

the german version apparently runs longer, and doesn't have Giorgio Moroder's synth cheese replacing some VERY good original scoring.... It definetly would be a selling point to include that cut of the film, since it always felt too short to me and i've never been a fan of Moroders work.

I'd love a Wolfgang Peterson commentary... considering he'd just done Das Boot, and looking at the rest of his filmography, Neverending Story seems like it came out of nowhere...hearing why he picked this project would be great.

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski
I'm fine with the current DVD since the picture and audio is terrific but I would for sure buy a better version if it was released. Its funny that I never even considered that this DVD should be upgraded. This is one of my favourite films and I've never ever seen any behind the scenes footage or seen any of the actors in other roles or even heard the filmmakers comment on the film; in some ways I'm glad that the fantasy of the film has been preserved for me.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'd go for a Special Edition of The NeverEnding Story. Preferrably two discs with the first disc having a seamless branching for both versions of the film. A director's commentary by Wolfgang Petersen would be great. Perhaps the trailer would be on the film disc? Second disc should be dual-layered and practically squeezed with great extras. Bring on a very lovely looking cover, booklet and perhaps slipcover for alternate artwork, and I'd buy this right away. Perhaps even an isolated music score would be in order? As long as they don't cross-market it with Harry Potter and let it stand on it's own it'd be a very welcome addition to the collection.
A 25th Anniversary Special Edition in 2009 would be perfect. Thankfully it should be 2.35:1/OAR only.

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in guys. I also hope that there will be a 25th Anniversary of this movie and I am just waiting for my order from Germany of this movie that is 98min and the US is 90min so I can't wait until it arrives and I have never seen the German Original before so it's going to be great. How is the chances that we will get a 25th Anniversary of this movie?

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I would agree that this film is deserving of a special edition. I'd love to hear some retrospective interviews, and to see both cuts of the movie. I wouldn't even mind if they wanted to cross-promote it with Harry Potter, if that's what it takes to make it happen.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Please, no cross-promotions with the latter. Promote it for 2009 so it'll be its Anniversary of release.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Geez, count me in on that. And behind the scenes stuff. I've read a lot...did Artax really bite the bullet? some say no...some say he was dog food! I don't want to cry over it again so they need to set the record straight on a new DVD set.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I'd love a set with the other 2 films. Maybe include the original book too. But I'd want all the films redone, of course. Had no idea there was a different version of the movie. Oh, wasn't there a TV series? How about a whole big set of Neverending Story...hell, it'd be downright neverending!!!!!! And I'd preorder it.

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
In 2003 German label Universum released a 2-DVD set of this movie. It contained the German theatrical version (2.35:1 anamorphic | German DD 5.1) and the US cut (2.35:1 anamorphic | English DD 2.0 | German subtitles), the music video "Limahl - The Never Ending Story", an hour-long German TV documentary "Eine Welt für Fantasien" from 1984, a picture gallery and a DVD-ROM game. As far as I know this was a Limited Edition.

More Infos at DVD-Palace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks