What's new

Will Back to the Future be sold separately too? (1 Viewer)

Lanny_B

Second Unit
...or just with the trilogy?

I doubt I would watch the last two more than once each, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have them just for kicks.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
There are no announcments of it being sold separately although they may down the road. I for one only want the First film so I will buy the box and sell the 2nd and 3rd releases.

Brenton

Screenwriter
BTTF.com reports that Australia will get Part I seperately sometime down the road.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I personally want all three because they all interconnect and belong together...the first is still the best though.

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
There is probably no more chance of BTTF #1 being sold separately than there is of the original version of E.T. appearing unannounced on the lower priced release of that movie. :laugh:

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
It (part one only) has already been released seperately in The Netherlands. I was quite surprised when I saw it in a store last week.
A little bit strange that Universal doesn't have a global policy regarding issues like this.....

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Y'know, SS might issue some "orders" to universal regarding this issue as well! :D
I personally never wanted anything but the entire trilogy, but I am shocked and amazed by how many people - online and offline in my life - only want the first film, and feel that they are getting ripped off by being forced to buy all three!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
There is probably no more chance of BTTF #1 being sold separately than there is of the original version of E.T. appearing unannounced on the lower priced release of that movie.
Actually, Bill, it's been confirmed...the original version of E.T is on the lower priced release too. :D

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Nate,

Perhaps my sarcasm was too dry. That was why the laughing smiley closed my post.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
What is the street price for the set in the USA?
And what would be the likely street price for the DVDs serperately?
I think that £25.99 (what I'll be paying for the region 1 edition in the UK) for those three films that are loaded with extra features is, well, an ULTRA-BARGAIN. :emoji_thumbsup:
Bring that badboy on!
Gordy

Craig_T

Second Unit
I imagine after a certain period they will be available separately, or at least the first one will. And yea, believe it or not, some people in this world on tight budgets with bills to pay would rather not spend money for 2 films they have no interest in, even if all three films together are only about 40 bucks.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
yep, found the first BTTF in the netherlands as well as Mark mentioned here. Could not wait until december for r1 so bought the whole trilogy, great stuff indeed
;)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

Allow me to raise my hand here. I'm incensed that I'm forced to buy the trilogy when all I want is the first one. I'm passing on this one like a tofu plate at a John Madden cookout.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Clinton

the single disk Back to the Future dvd that is out in the Netherlands has all the features that are on the same disc in the trilogy boxset. Technically speaking, this is the way to purchase the one movie you want unless you do not want to purchase outside R1

Here is to Multi region

cheers

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I would think that after Universal has exhausted just about every conceivable sale out of the trilogy that the movies will be made available individually. This probably isn't going to happen for some time. Just look at how long some people have been waiting for the first Godfather movie to be sold separately and it still hasn't happened.

Brenton

Screenwriter
My personal stance is that I think the first film is higher in quality and has more substance than the sequels, but the sequels are equally as fun as the original, and I love all three.

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
BTTF #1 is being sold separately in Germany also for about half the price (20 euros) of getting all three.
kd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks