What's new

Wife throws out Studio 100's manual!!! (1 Viewer)

Ted_Wern

Agent
That's right you heard it. I know I shouldn't have left it sitting around. Haven't even browsed through it yet and now it's gone. I e-mailed Paradigm yesterday and I am hoping that they will be able to help. Anyone have any other suggestions? Please give me some ideas...

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
Have you gone to your dealer to ask for a copy? It looks like a standard manual for their Studios Series and not model specific. I couldn't see anything on their site.

Do you have a fax machine? I can fax you a copy. Or do you have specific question(s)? LMK

Dave Ma

Stunt Coordinator
I think maybe a B@t$h slap is in order:angry: Then again it's Valentines day:D So wait till tomorrow!

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Ted,

The manual for the Reference series is all the same if you have 100's, 40's etc. I have a bunch of them. Email me here Ted. I'll scan it and then send it to you via email if someone else hasn't done it already.

Charles

MarcVH

Second Unit
If a slap is in order for anybody, it's probably for Paradigm. In this day and age, there's just no reason for a company not to put the owner's manual for all its products (past and present) up on the support section of their web page.

The section on bi-wiring is simple enough (remove the jumpers and use two wires, and be careful not to make shorts or screw up the polarity.) Bi-amping is also pretty concise; they only recommend passive bi-amping, and talk a fair amount about "horizontal" vs. "vertical" which are only meaningful if you assume you're using 2-channel amps to do this.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Marc:

If a slap is in order for anybody, it's probably for Paradigm. In this day and age, there's just no reason for a company not to put the owner's manual for all its products (past and present) up on the support section of their web page.
Being a strong supporter of Paradigm and owning many of their products, I WOULD STRONGLY AGREE with your comment!!! The manual is the same across the board with the Studio Series, so there really is NO excuse NOT to do what you suggest.

MarcVH

Second Unit

...with the main speakers, anyway. The Studio/CC has a different manual, and I think the Studio/ADP does as well.

MarcVH

Second Unit
Both mean you remove the jumpers and use two speaker cables, but bi-wiring means the two cables both go to the same amp, while (passive) bi-amping means they go to to different amps.

The manual suggests they can be good things, but I think the conventional wisdom on here is that you can get more bang for the buck with a single larger amp and a single larger cable.

Active bi-amping may be a different story, but Paradigm doesn't recommend it (and it would require rewiring the speaker to disable its internal crossovers.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks