Wife throws out Studio 100's manual!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted_Wern, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Ted_Wern

Ted_Wern Agent

That's right you heard it. I know I shouldn't have left it sitting around. Haven't even browsed through it yet and now it's gone. I e-mailed Paradigm yesterday and I am hoping that they will be able to help. Anyone have any other suggestions? Please give me some ideas...

2. Daniel Mai

Daniel Mai Stunt Coordinator

The only thing I read that seemed important is the bi-wire and bi-amp option.

3. Ted_Wern

Ted_Wern Agent

That's exactly the part that I need........

4. Daniel Mai

Daniel Mai Stunt Coordinator

Have you gone to your dealer to ask for a copy? It looks like a standard manual for their Studios Series and not model specific. I couldn't see anything on their site.

Do you have a fax machine? I can fax you a copy. Or do you have specific question(s)? LMK

5. Dave Ma

Dave Ma Stunt Coordinator

I think maybe a [email protected]$h slap is in order[​IMG] Then again it's Valentines day[​IMG] So wait till tomorrow!

6. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Ted,

The manual for the Reference series is all the same if you have 100's, 40's etc. I have a bunch of them. Email me here Ted. I'll scan it and then send it to you via email if someone else hasn't done it already.

Charles

7. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

If a slap is in order for anybody, it's probably for Paradigm. In this day and age, there's just no reason for a company not to put the owner's manual for all its products (past and present) up on the support section of their web page.

The section on bi-wiring is simple enough (remove the jumpers and use two wires, and be careful not to make shorts or screw up the polarity.) Bi-amping is also pretty concise; they only recommend passive bi-amping, and talk a fair amount about "horizontal" vs. "vertical" which are only meaningful if you assume you're using 2-channel amps to do this.

8. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Marc:

9. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

...with the main speakers, anyway. The Studio/CC has a different manual, and I think the Studio/ADP does as well.

10. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Bi-wiring and bi-amping are the same?

11. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

Both mean you remove the jumpers and use two speaker cables, but bi-wiring means the two cables both go to the same amp, while (passive) bi-amping means they go to to different amps.

The manual suggests they can be good things, but I think the conventional wisdom on here is that you can get more bang for the buck with a single larger amp and a single larger cable.

Active bi-amping may be a different story, but Paradigm doesn't recommend it (and it would require rewiring the speaker to disable its internal crossovers.)