What's new

Wife Says no to bass shakers but yes to... (1 Viewer)

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
Another 20-39pc+! She told me she would rather not have me attach anything to the new leather couch and that I should just get another sub. She also said that she thought 2 of those subs would look really cool standing together.
You gotta love her. So now once I get back from vacation I am ordering another water heater:emoji_thumbsup:
Jeff

CarlV

Stunt Coordinator
That's exaclty what I did, I got rid of my bass shaker when I got my dual Ultras. The shake is still there but only better... much more realistic.

Bill Kolp

Grip
Unbelievable !! Thank you for sharing your diabolical success story. It is encouraging to those of us that have tried the same ploy, but failed. You have fill us with inspiration and we will not give up.

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
This is also the lady that told me that I should trade my Eddie Bauer Expedition in on a Hummer! Not sure how I got so lucky....well it did take me 3 times;)

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
I can't understand why she wouldn't want you to put bass shakers in the couch! My wife is very, very protective of her nice furniture also but the first thing I did when we got new couches was to install bass shakers in them. If you install them right they're completely invisible and absolutely won't harm the couch in any way. :confused:

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Dude, wait until she's gone for a few hours, roll that sucker over, and have at it. I suggest that you measure it first, find where you can bolt on some boards, then pre-mount the shakers to the boards, and it'll just take you a few minutes to screw 'em in and plug 'em in. Be careful pulling off the dust cover under the sofa, and have a staple gun handy to reattach. Don't turn 'em "really" up, but they'll still sweeten the "stuff that goes boom."

Bill Kolp

Grip
I bet you told her she could pick out the color of the HUMMER. OR There's a YOU OWE ME coming very soon.

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
your pretty lucky, one thing I feel like adding is that the only time I feel that the shakers are unnatural is when I have them turned up to high. It feels pretty natural to me when they are lower and not drawing a ton of attention to themselves

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator
She sounds like a kick azz gal. My girlfriend is the same way. She is totally supportive with my addiction. I thought I wouldn't ever find a gal that understood. I just hope it doesn't change if we get married (crosses fingers).

KyleGS

Second Unit
Your in the high life now.
Ever since I set my fiance up with a great VIFA/Image Dynamic set-up in her car she lets me do whatever I want in the HT side of things. She actually makes fun of my friends' car and home stereo's!

HOWEVER- whe may not like my newest 10cf Tempest 22hz design in the works. :)

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Ya know, not to drag this in the gutter or anything, but you'd think women would like the feel of bass shakers. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks