What's new

Wierd Problem (1 Viewer)

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Not sure where to go with this so I will go here....

I have a JVC 27" tv, JVC 7 Disc DVD player, Pioneer 1014 and SVS subwoofer, now here is the problem. Sometimes when Im watching a DVD movie and there is a bass hit(usually has happened without hard hits) I lose the picture from the DVD, All I see is the blue input screen on the tv for about 1 to 2 seconds, it happens every once and awhile but just watched Ghost of Mars and it happened about 4 times. I have the tv, dvd player, and subwoofer all ran into the receiver.

Any tips or suggestions would be helpful.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
My guess is a lose wire that is being vibrated loose when the sub hits.

Otherwise it could be something internal in the DVD player that doesn't like vibrations.

I would first try to isolate the DVD player from the vibrations and see if that helps the problem. If so, a more permanate solution would be some Vibrapods.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Try bubble wrap or something cheap/free before spending $

Is your sub on/in the same cabinet as the player?
Isolate the sub from the cabinet

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
No the sub sits on the floor next to the entertainment center the DVD player is in

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
yep. Try isolating the DVD player first. I have heavy metal shelves, and they still rattle when my SVS subs hit (who am I kidding, the whole house rattles). I will have DVDs walk themselves right of the shelf.

I was skeptical of the vibrapods at first. I bought them to protect my equipment from the rattles. But I did hear an improvment in sound quality. And I wasn't looking for one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks