1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Optoma HD142x 3D Image wierd colors

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Gerald LaFrance, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance Supporting Actor

Gerald LaFrance
    Hey Everybody,

I recently bought a new 3D setup some older refurbished stuff.. Well my problem is that when viewing a 3D Movie I am getting weird color abberations or something..

I have the following in the chain:

1. Integra DTR 40.3 Reciever.
    2. Sony BDP 6700 Blu ray player
    3. Optoma HD142x Projector..
    4 Optoma zf300 glasses and RF Emitter..

Now the color anomaly come and goes one minute it will look fine the next I get weird color anamolies.. Not sure but I don't think it is a sync issue but maybe it is and I don't recognize it.. I was wondering what any experts or past users had to say about this..

I tried looking in Google but did not get many relevant hits to the issue..
    Thank you for the help and look forward to resolving this issue and I hope it is not the Projector fault..

2. Message #2 of 6 Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance
    Hi Guys,

I just decided to return at as I called tech support and they wanted me to send it in for service.. Well I don't want that hassle and just going to return it back to Amazon..

I am now in the market for a new 3D Projector for 700USD or under and ideas??

Since I have the Optoma 3D glasses already I am just going to try another Optoma 3D Projector which newer mode for about 700USD will work.. Are the Darbee's any good?

3. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance
  4. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance
    Well a Turn of events I ended up sending in my Optoma 142x for repairs.. I hope the tech guys see the flaw and can get it fixed..

I just shipped it this afternoon and it is going cross country so it will be a few days until I hear anything..

5. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    If that doesn't work out, the 29 Darbee seems to be a good unit. I've had it about 6 months (about $550 on Prime Day at Amazon) and have no complaints. Regular and 3D formats both look very good. I'm using Elephas GL25 DLP link glasses (4 pairs for about $70 at Amazon), no separate emitter needed.

6. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance
    Well the 142x was not bad either just did not work as it was defective in the 3D world..
    I hope that Optoma will at least see the problem and be able to fix it.. I am doubtful tho but will remain hopefull..

Worse comes to worse I will just eat the money I lost and just buy another projector..