What's new

Why would the players' association want to block the Yankees from making up 2 games? (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
ESPN reported yesterday that the only way Cleveland could catch the Yankees (and obtain home-field advantage for the playoffs) would be if the Yankees had to make up their two postponed games -- something the player's association said they would fight.
Can someone shed some light on why the union would be against doing the right thing and having the teams play these potentially meaningful games? (I know it is a moot point now, as Cleveland has lost today.)
------------------
Home Theater Pictures

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry, just wait until the umpires are assigned.
Jeff Nelson
Brian O'Nora
Rick Reed
Tim Tschida
Ron Kulpa
Wally Bell
Tim Welke
Bill Welke
and
Al Clark
are going to be used scheduled to rig the games after home field has now been officially rigged.
Oh wait, Al Clark got caught auctioning off David Wells autographed perfect game balls. :) Shucks, he wanted to be a part of the fix again too.
biggrin.gif

Considering they made Cleveland make up a rainout last week, this is definitely showing another bias.
Not to mention the fact that they actually reduced the suspension of Jorge "I spit on the wrong umpire" Posada. He spits on the guy and claimed the ump had it in for him, only to find out it was another ump. Frank Robinson, you are a fraud!!!!!!!! Bud Selig, well you're just plain unfit to do your job.

MikeM

Screenwriter
It's all moot, the A's are going to take the Yanks in 4 anyway.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
I can't wait to see the yanks finally lose this year. Not because I hate them, but because I'm so d*mn sick of watching them win every year...

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
If the A's don't do it, the M's will!
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

James RD

Supporting Actor
MikeM - As long as they win.
wink.gif

Go A's!!!
[Edited last by James RD on October 05, 2001 at 11:38 PM]

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Of course it's a big ole conspiracy to make sure the Yanks win it all... oh friggin please!
rolleyes.gif

And no, I am certainly not a Yanks fan, I'm a Mets fan.
biggrin.gif

------------------
rickyhustle.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks