What's new

Why were the Dallas TV movies (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
JR Returns and War of the Ewings Not considered Dallas Canon? It seems that at the end of War of the Ewings, Bobby leaves Sue Ellen in charge of Ewing oil and McCay buys Ray's Ranch for $50 Million ..It seems to me that the Dallas Reboot Disregarded all of that .. Im curious as to how that was arrived at. Also in JR Returns, it seems that Christopher was dating Pamela whom it is established in JR Returns is Cliff's Daughter ..im curious

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
They were canon until the reboot started. They wanted to do the whole Rebecca-turns-out-to-be-Pamela twist, and they couldn’t do that if the events from J.R. Returns existed.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I hope I'm not ruining it for anyone, but it seemed evident that J.R. died at the end of the original series. I forget what they did to gloss over that. While not on the screen, it's pretty heavily implied he committed suicide.
hqdefault.jpg

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I hope I'm not ruining it for anyone, but it seemed evident that J.R. died at the end of the original series. I forget what they did to gloss over that. While not on the screen, it's pretty heavily implied he committed suicide.
hqdefault.jpg
In JR Returns, When Bobby and JR See each other at Southfork, Bobby tells JR He came home 5 years earlier to find him holding the Gun and He had shot the Mirror while talking bout the Devil. The next morning JR left the country ..He then wanted to know what Brought JR back to Dallas

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks