What's new

why downgrade? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Jason_V said:
What specifically do you not know about in regards to how HTF is going to work? I played around a bit this morning and successfully found how to change all my personal information, follow (and get notification e-mails), reply, quote and navigate the forum. Believe me, I'm not a computer genius so if I can figure this all out without a manual, anyone can.
That was my first post on my first visit to the forum since the change. I hadn't had time to play around with anything. All I said was I like the way it looks.

When HTF changed to Huddler it took a while to get all the bugs worked out. Maybe there aren't any bugs this time. I hope not.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
DaveF said:
So far it feels like a very clean update to the conventional forum. It's working well, with a few missing details, and a few nice updates. On the desktop, I like the ability to save mid-edit. I haven't really looked at it on the iPad yet. For all the problems with Huddler, they eventually released an excellent mobile version. Hopefully this new system works as well or better.
I think this is an improvement on the iPad over huddler. Links are taking me to the first new post, huddler did not.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
From all the forum iterations I like this layout the best. Really clean and easy to navigate. I am sure that all will be well with
the world and the forum in no time.

Packy

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think Parker should have something other then simply member next to his name.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I think Parker should have something other then simply member next to his name.
Tony,

Much agreed.

Parker has indeed a founders label that was attached to his name on Huddler. It's just one of those items we still have not implemented post migration.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was in my profile and noticed a Member Title field which apparently I can update. Are we allowed to choose are own member titles now? Hmmmm....Grand HTF Poobah has a nice ring to it. :)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Ronald Epstein said:
Tony,

Much agreed.

Parker has indeed a founders label that was attached to his name on Huddler. It's just one of those items we still have not implemented post migration.
It wasn't forgotten, and its not that Parker isn't a high priority, but it just took to today to get to.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
It's about time I got recognition about this place. :)

Seriously liking the look and feel of the place. Something I haven't felt for a long time. (Suddenly I feel like Darth Vader)
Good move for all.

Now onward and upward.

And yes Ron. HTF does Rule.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Seriously liking the look and feel of the place. Something I haven't felt for a long time
I haven't felt it for a long time either, brother.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Johnny Angell said:
I think this is an improvement on the iPad over huddler. Links are taking me to the first new post, huddler did not.
Thread titles don't take to me to first new post here. But here, as on previous system, the icon to the left of the link take me to first new post. I don't see any difference in behavior. Do you (or did you) have a different experience?
(edited: I'm having the opposite. in a read thread, there's no link here to take me to last post.)

Now there's both Dots and Stars for icons. I think they indicate new content in threads am not / am commenting in. That's a nice distinction, clear but somewhat subtle, graphic design.

I'm ambivalent towards "Answered" icon. I like the idea. But it mis-aligns thread titles which makes it harder for me to scan a forum listing. I'm also not sure if I agree with the "answered" designation being set by an admin, rather than the first poster. But this needs a few weeks usage to see how it really works :)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
DaveF said:
Thread titles don't take to me to first new post here. But here, as on previous system, the icon to the left of the link take me to first new post. I don't see any difference in behavior. Do you (or did you) have a different experience?
(edited: I'm having the opposite. in a read thread, there's no link here to take me to last post.)

Now there's both Dots and Stars for icons. I think they indicate new content in threads am not / am commenting in. That's a nice distinction, clear but somewhat subtle, graphic design.

I'm ambivalent towards "Answered" icon. I like the idea. But it mis-aligns thread titles which makes it harder for me to scan a forum listing. I'm also not sure if I agree with the "answered" designation being set by an admin, rather than the first poster. But this needs a few weeks usage to see how it really works :)
The answered icon is something we are playing with. In forums were we have it the original poster, or an admin can toggle it. I started using it here for my sanity. Despite having an issue tracker, most people are putting things here, and it lets me and other users know that an issue has been solved. I think it will be a good fit for the HW areas, especially the basics area where I can see some users are already using it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Adam Gregorich said:
The answered icon is something we are playing with. In forums were we have it the original poster, or an admin can toggle it. I started using it here for my sanity. Despite having an issue tracker, most people are putting things here, and it lets me and other users know that an issue has been solved. I think it will be a good fit for the HW areas, especially the basics area where I can see some users are already using it.
That's what that is.
I saw the "Tracker" link at the top of the page, thought it might be "Track my Subscriptions" :), clicked it, didn't see what i was looking for, and forgot about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks