What's new

Why does this cat look mad? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
...it's photoshopped isn't it? Looks really obvious to me, cat's body and head are way out of proportion.
No...I am sure it is real. An ex-girlfriend of mine use to have a long haired cat she would have shaved in the summers (very hot in AZ). He would look exactly like that. His fur was so bushy when long, it would hide his skinny body.

But....the cat really did love it when he was shaved. Probably could not stand the heat with his coat despite all the shedding. He always seemed the happiest and most playful when shaved looking exactly like the cat in that photo.

My roomate at one time decided to s(h)ave my cat, when I was out for the weekend, because of clumps. At the time i was pissed but looking back it was Hi-Larry-Us

(admin corrected possible typo)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
That cat defines the words pissed off. I wish my mom would shave one of our cats like that so I could laugh at it for years :).

Cam S

Screenwriter
Hahaha, I've always wondered what my 3 cats would look like if I did this. It would be a BAD idea to do this in the winter unless they are strictly indoor cats.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Hey, our "mostly" furless feline has hit the big-time and made the snopes website.
Maybe this will cheer kitty up. :)

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
I remember seeing this a while ago. The lady who owned the cat moved and then went to get the cat a loin cut. Supposedly its where they shave the belly to remove fur that can get matted there. However, she had a very bad accent and they heard Lion cut. So they shaved the cat to look like a lion. Poor thing.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I got the same email. Here's what it said:

Note: This was not done on purpose (by the pet owner) and the cat is fine*and back to normal.

"My sister-in law is from Oklahoma and has a slight accent. She has cats and when she lived in the south she would take them to the groomers and have what is called a Line Cut. To her a line cut is when all of the fur hanging down below the cat's tummy is taken off (because it gets matted or snarled). When she moved to Chicago with my brother, one of the cats fur got all tangled up during the move so she took it in for a line cut. She was quite surprised when she heard the price as it was twice as much as it was down south. She confirmed with the groomer that he understood what a line cut was and he said "yes, I know what a LION cut is." It seems her accent came out sounding like LION not LINE and this is how her cat was returned to her.
I'm not sure how true the story is, but it's pretty funny none-the-less.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
That is terrible and really cruel if it was doen for no reason at all. It is like making a person walk about naked with no protection from the elements at all.
Yes, as the previous post stated (beat me to it...grumble..grumble..) this isn't cruelty but is actually a grooming style that I believe was originally known as "The Cut Of The Lion" and was popularized in France...I think.....Discovery channel's is for makin me's SMART!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks