What's new

Why does this cat look mad? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Was this a future hairstylists' party? :laugh: It is a bit goofy, but they did a good job, either way.
Bruce

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one that started humming "These boots were made for walking" after seeing the first photo?

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I knew a guy who had to do something similar to his mixed persian cat. The cat got overheated in the summers and the vet recommended he shave him. I think he left the paws similar to the pic for protection against abrasions, etc.

Deborah*T

Agent
That is terrible and really cruel if it was doen for no reason at all. It is like making a person walk about naked with no protection from the elements at all.
If that was done for no reason other than some cruel person's idea of amusement then it has made me :angry:

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
He just found out that the DVD of "The Aristocats" was pan and scan.

(Or perhaps it's that poodle cut he has).

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
How do you hold down a cat for shaving? I imagine a lot of blood would have been spilt!
Now, as for the cruelty...I don't see anybody complaining about spaying or neutering animals, but they make a lot of ruckus when it comes to declawing, shaving, table scraps, etc.
This sure beats getting your testicles snipped... :)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
We had to shave our long haired cat last year because her fur began to mat and clump. There was no way to comb the hair out, so the only option was shaving. She took a dump on the lady who was shaving her fur. It only took a few minutes and our cat relaxed after she knew she was not going anywhere.

She looked like a lion for a few months. It was quite funny. The tail had a nice big poof at the end. I think after a while she really liked it.

Paul

Deborah*T

Agent
This sure beats getting your testicles snipped...
Perhaps so. What I was trying to say is that fur is a cat's natural defence against the elements. In other words, the cat may become ill without all their fur to protect them.

As for declawing, this too is part of a cat's natural defences (against cats and other animals) and declawing is therefore also quite cruel.

Not too sure where I stand on cats getting their testicals snipped but I do know that if cats are spayed/neutered there will be less unwanted and badly looked after cats in the world. Spaying and neutering is a direct result of our domestication of cats and dogs and unless we wanted a population explosion, it is something that unfortunately is quite necessary. It does not take away from a cat or dog's natural defenses.

It wasn't my intention to be all uppity about this thread but cruelty to animals (and people) makes me mad.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
...it's photoshopped isn't it? Looks really obvious to me, cat's body and head are way out of proportion.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
heh, it's -5F here tonight. I think most any cat would die if left outside. Dogs too probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks