What's new

Why Arn't The DIC Cartoons Not Geting Any Attention? (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I wanted to bring this up again because it's the new year. Dave or Josh is there any DVDs coming from DIC that you know about this year?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Friday DIC sent around press releases to me, Josh, and Anthony (DVDToons) for two releases of Heathcliff. Josh already posted the news (as I well know because of Josh's stupid contest). :angry:

I should get the info up in a couple of days. I have a LOT of DIC stuff to pull together; I've been negligent. :b

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
(as I well know because of Josh's stupid contest). :angry:
Sorry about that Dave. I actually cancelled that contest because of the "harassment"-factor. Gord was pleased when I told him. :emoji_thumbsup:

Anyways, back to DiC, here's the Heathcliff news:
http://www.animatedbliss.com/news.asp?TID=252

Here's an excerpt about their future releases:
"Planned for release in 2004 include “Care Bears”, “Sylvanian Families”, “The Littles”, “Sabrina: the Animated Series”, “Inspector Gadget”, and “Super Mario Bros”."

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
:D

David,

(I assume by your post that you're the owner/webmaster of tvshowsondvd)

I just wanted to let you know, if you werent already aware, that 2 Munster tv movie discs have been released by Goodtimes (quite some time ago actually); "Munster Go Home" and "The Munsters Revenge".

I'm only posting this because I was browsing through your site database this morning and didn't come accross any information or acknowledgment of these releases under The Munsters listings.

Just thought you might like to know...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
PS, Jim...

C.O.P.S. has been released, I currently own it and others not mentioned include 2 Super Mario Bros. discs, The Legend Of Zelda and a couple of Sonic and CareBear compilation collections as well.

Both Heathcliff discs are already available for preorder and Inspector Gadget and Dennis The Menace are expected to be released next along with yet another Mario Bros disc and future possibilities might include a collection of Captain N: Gamemaster too.

There are many animation/dvd - related websites that you can visit to obtain this information.

animatedbliss.com
dvdtoons.com

etc...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Josh, I couldve grabbed a copy for you over the holidays if I wouldve known. The bargain bin at Wal-Mart was stocked with them, and ProStars...

(Stashone)

;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Josh, thanks for that about the contest. :emoji_thumbsup:

Marco, Gord Lacey is the Owner and Webmaster of TVShowsOnDVD.com I am his lackey. :) My official title (which we made up out of thin air) is "Asst. Site Admin. and News Director".

Gord's official policy about things like "Munsters Go Home" is that it's a TV Film, and 1-shot telefilms aren't listed at the site. I slip in a few "reunion" shows from time to time behind his back. :wink: I knew about the two you mentioned, but I never got around to slipping in a listing for them whenever Gord's left me in charge.

I, too, have unsuccessfully looked for copies of Stargate Infinity. I've tried the bins at 3 different Wal-Marts, too. :frowning:

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
As much as I like the cartoons from DIC, I refuse to purchase best of/compilation discs. To DIC, I would purchase your cartoons, if they were released on DVD in season format or a DVD(S) collection which contains all of the episodes.

It's great that DIC is releasing Sabrina: the Animated Series on DVD but I'm probably not going to purchase it if it isn't season format or complete episode compilation (I watch this show every morning at 4:30 AM EST on Toon Disney)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'll be holding off on the upcoming Inspector and Mario discs than...

Dave, do you know if the box-sets proposed on your website are actually set for production later this year or if they're dependant on the sales of DIC's individual titles?

I'm starting to regret paying $50 US for that OOP Super Mario Show disc now!!!

:D

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Oh one more thing... I'm sure I've read acknowledgment somewhere online, of DIC's tentative plans to release original eps of "Dennis The Menace" to DVD in the coming year. I'm really hoping this comes to happen and was just wondering if you wouldn't mind bringing this up or inquiring about the possibility in your next email exchange with DIC...

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Yeah...the potential for box sets of Inspector Gadget and Super Mario Bros. Super Show are amazing!
Oddly enough, I had a poll on my site in December asking visitors which DiC Series they would like released as a box set and the highest vote getters were Inspector Gadget, C.O.P.S., Super Mario and Sonic. I sent the results to UAV so I wonder if that influenced their recent "box set" decisions. Perhaps C.O.P.S. and Sonic won't be far behind?

Matthew H

Second Unit
Although Columbia distrubuted them, DiC still made The Real Ghostbusters. With the first film's 20th Anniversary in June, what's the possibility of RGB on DVD?

Oh man, what I'd do for season sets... *drool*

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Marco, there's no reason to wait on buying the individual discs. The beauty is that when the last disc in the box set comes out, it will be sold as an individual disc but come with the box that you can put all the previous discs into! :)

I asked about Dennis the Menace, and was told "no". They also pointed out that the rumor I posted in the news about Captain N was also incorrect for 2004, but that it could still make the '05 schedule. Nothing's planned right now, though. Shoot.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Speaking of Heathcliff, according to DVDtoons..

http://www.dvdtoons.com/news/555

UAV Corporation and DIC Entertainment have joined forces again to bring you the animated adventure "Heathcliff the Movie," the first feature film starring the lovable rogue, Heathcliff and all in his friends, available on DVD and VHS May 25, 2004.

"Heathcliff the Movie" features the voice talents of the late great Mel Blanc, who brings the comic cat to life. The movie finds the irrepressible cat meeting his match when he has to entertain his mischievous nephews with stories from his past during a storm. The DVD features two bonus "Catillac Cats" episodes featuring Riff-Raff, Cleo, and the rest of the Catillac Cats. (House of the Future, Whose Got The Chocolate according to the image)

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks