Why Arn't The DIC Cartoons Not Geting Any Attention?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jim Beaver, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

Hi i'm new here and was wondering why the cartoons that DIC have been releasing haven't got attention by Amazon, DVD Sites or even stores i have asked about. I've seen other threads on various message boards talk about this and that's why i wanted to bring it up. I think it may be bad marketing. I think everything should be reported on even cartoon shows i know they may not be as important to some people as tv box sets on dvd but I still would like to know about these and when they are released.

So far DIC has released
    Where on Earth is Carmen SAndiego?
    Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century
    Bump in the Night
    Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors
    ProStars
    Wishkid
    And coming soon is C.O.P.S. sometime this month.

2. Sergio Martorel

Sergio Martorel Second Unit

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Why aren't they not getting attetion? I'm confused...

[​IMG]

Joe

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Forget about those. I want Camp Candy.

5. Jim Beaver

Joseph I don't know why there not getting any attention i don't really know why that's why i posted this to inform everyone that not enough is being done to let people know there available. I checked Amazon, TVSHOWSONDVD etc and they don't have most of it listed. Tvshowsondvd did post Jayce, Bump in the Night and Stargate though. I'll give them props for that.

Amazon dosen't have Bump in the Night, ProStars, Wishkid or Jacye when it should. How are people supposed to know if nobody reports anything.

I think the other problem is DIC's marketing sucks. When stuff comes out everybody should know about it.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Thanks for the props. I already have had this subject on my to-do list since getting all this news about Jayce/SG: Infinity/Bump. Yesterday I found out COPS is coming, too.

The problem seems to be that there's no one place to go to get definative info about this group of releases. It's not ALL listed on Amazon or any other e-tailer I can find. Bump, for example, I couldn't find online at all...I just ran across it at Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago and decided to go back and buy it. There's no central website that lists all their DVDs, like MGM or Fox has.

I'm trying to get in touch with someone at DiC who can give me a complete rundown on everything, but this isn't easy either.

Please keep an eye out at TVShowsOnDVD, and I'll post info whenever I can get ahold of it. There's so much news lately that Gord and I are kinda backlogged, so forgive us if this hasn't gotten done yet.

For now, try Animated Bliss's lists here and here.

7. Jim Beaver

Thanks Dave.

I Appreciate that.

8. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

Is the Bump in the Night DVD from the old series, or is it new material? My son really liked it when it first came out, so I might be interested in getting this.

9. PienSavaca

PienSavaca Stunt Coordinator

The only DIC toon that I remember is "Inspector Gadget". Two horrible movies are available, but not the original series.

10. David Lambert

11. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

By any chance, is C.O.P.S. in complete season sets?? Please, please please.

12. Jim Beaver

It's only three episodes.

13. DavidS

DavidS Stunt Coordinator

I found a cheap tape of "Beverly Hills Teens" episodes at a dollar store once. I wish i could have even just a few episodes on DVD.

14. Jim Beaver

What was Beverly Hills Teens about?

15. David Lambert

That "Beverly Hills Teen" is a new one on me, too.

I've spoken to DiC and things are in-the-works. I caught up TVShowsOnDVD with all the releases I already knew about, EXCEPT for C.O.P.S. (because I don't have enough info on that one yet to list it).

I also want to say that Joshua Lane at Animated Bliss is a terrific guy for offering to help. He has a great site there, and anyone who hasn't visited it ought to give it a try.

16. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

I really wish the DIC would release a full DVD collection of Bump In The Night which contains all of the episodes of Bump In The Night.

17. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

Dave, thanks. I'll have to see if I can find the Bump in the Night DVD at my local Wal-Mart.

18. Jim Beaver

I just wanted to bring this up because I had a question and I know Dave will usually list at it at his site

But Did C.O.P.S. ever come out? I looked for it at Wall Mart and coulden't find it.

19. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

No, C.O.P.S. hasn't been released yet (as far as I know). A few others that haven't materialized either are Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors, Stargate Infinity, and StarCom. However, apparently The Littles Christmas Special and a "What A Mess" DVD have come out.

20. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

I think a lack of promotion combined with a lack of availablity is the reason these releases aren't getting mentioned. They don't seem to be widely available and the only reason I know they were released is because tvshowsondvd told me they were.