What's new

WHV Announcement: Blade 2 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
e52c6bd4_blade2press.jpeg

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Been wondering when these films would be coming to Blu. Del Toro's original audio commentary for II sold me on the film. The guy knows how to self-deprecate!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
From what I understand, I and III are due June 19 and II is July 10. That made no sense to me until I figured the second movie might be the best received of all three, hence the staggered releases. I'd ready for them.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Wal-Mart's web site lists the first and third titles in stock, are these out already? has anyone seen them in store?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I picked up Blade Trinity today at Wal Mart for $9.96. It has the sticker for $5 off a Dark Knight Rises ticket on the front cover.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Okay, so I just got a chance to open up Blade Trinity and compare it to the 2-disc DVD.

The BD is only the director's/unrated cut. It's just over 2 hours long.

It looks like all the extras have been ported over from the Platinum Series DVD with the exception of some New Line trailers and a promo for the soundtrack. The "Inside the World of Blade Trinity" doc takes it's actual name on the BD (Daywalkers, Nightstalkers and Familiars). I didn't see any way to play all the segments in order.

Here's two observations:

1) I'm mildly ticked off the original cut isn't included. We're not talking about adding or deleting a line of dialogue. The extended version is 9 minutes longer and has a different ending than the original. Would it have been that hard to include both versions of the movie? This is something I don't understand. This means I'm going to have to hold onto at least disc one of the DVD. But then how do I pawn off the second disc of extras? (I've already moved disc one of the DVD and the BD to a two disc BD case, for the record.)

2) Blade is a Marvel character. The movies are made by New Line, a Warner Brothers company. Warner Brothers is using the releases to promote The Dark Knight Rises...a DC property. Therefore, Marvel is almost directly helping to promote a DC movie. Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks