What's new

Sirk's IMITATION OF LIFE - 4k on blu ray soon? (1 Viewer)

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Seems a 4k or blu ray release of this important film could be coming our way. It's necessary too. The current blu ray - pared with the original '33 version - is ok but the low bit rate and less than state of the art scan shows and doesn't do justice to the film's truly astonishing color visuals.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Seems a 4k or blu ray release of this important film could be coming our way. It's necessary too. The current blu ray - pared with the original '33 version - is ok but the low bit rate and less than state of the art scan shows and doesn't do justice to the film's truly astonishing color visuals.

The Film Forum link appears to be from 2015 or 2020 as those were the last times April 9th was on a Thursday. While I will always hope for improved media release I am not sure this theatrical 4K theater showing means a new release is coming or isn't coming.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
The Film Forum link appears to be from 2015 or 2020 as those were the last times April 9th was on a Thursday. While I will always hope for improved media release I am not sure this theatrical 4K theater showing means a new release is coming or isn't coming.
Holy S. So sorry ! I am so f-ing embarrassed. Nevermind ! Feel free to delete mr. moderator. I watched IOL last night and got carried away!

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Holy S. So sorry ! I am so f-ing embarrassed. Nevermind ! Feel free to delete mr. moderator. I watched IOL last night and got carried away!

There are other movies where a release may be less probable that get threads on here so don't be sorry.

Here is the 4K DCP so it would not be too much to expect a 4K release:

1712165130532.png

Looking at my Blu-ray I would say that Imitation of Life is not very highly resolved but who am I to speak against it when drab movies with barely more than Super 8 resolution like Don't Look Now get a UHD release?

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
There are other movies where a release may be less probable that get threads on here so don't be sorry.

Here is the 4K DCP so it would not be too much to expect a 4K release:

View attachment 218564

Looking at my Blu-ray I would say that Imitation of Life is not very highly resolved but who am I to speak against it when drab movies with barely more than Super 8 resolution like Don't Look Now get a UHD release?
Thank you for your comments. April Fools Day is getting a 4k from Kino! Crazy. That film was one week and done in 1986. I know. I worked at Paramount then.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Thank you for your comments. April Fools Day is getting a 4k from Kino! Crazy. That film was one week and done in 1986. I know. I worked at Paramount then.

I long stopped wondering what gets released and what not especially with Kino who seem to release a really wide range of movies that not many would have expected on UHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks