What's new

Who's The Boss Season 2?? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I've held off on buying season 1 until Columbia/Tri-Star decides to follow it up with the second season. Out of all the studios who release TV on DVD, CTS has the most unpredictable release schedule. We never know when (or if) subsequent seasons will follow. It's taken approximately 2 years for them to release a 3rd season of "All In The Family". It's been almost a year and a half since season 2 of "The Jeffersons" was released, and we still have no word on season 3. Then, on the flipside, sets of "Sanford & Son" and "Good Times" are getting produced faster than you can bat an eye.

They're just odd that way, and notorious for leaving shows hanging. There is still no 3rd season set of "Mad About You" or a 2nd season set of "Larry Sanders". So, as I said above, I'll be more inclined to buy the 1st season of "Who's The Boss" once I know there will be a 2nd season release.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, here's the problem though, if you hold off on buying season 1 until there is an announcement of a season 2 release, you're helping to make you're wait longer.

It looks like what CTS is doing is giving higher priority to those shows that sell better. Sanford and Son is selling better than All in the Family so it is being released at a faster clip. I suspect that the reason we have 2 seasons of King of Queens and Married with Children is because they are selling better.

So the more people that buy season 1 of Who's the Boss now, the sooner season 2 will come out. Heck, if enough people decided not to buy season 1 until there was an announcement of season 2, there would never be a season 2 announcement.

If this is the way CTS opporates than it makes sense to me, if more people want Sanford and Son than All in the Family...then we'll given them Sanford quicker.

Again, I don't know for sure that this is their release strategy but that's what it sounds like to me, just by watching these shows patterns or lack there of for releases.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I bought season 1 and can't wait to buy more sets. Does anyone know if season 1 has sold well ? i worry this might be another mad about you situation, release a couple seasons and then no more, which truly would be sad.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Its been a couple of months now, so I bet Columbia is getting a pretty good idea of how it is doing sales wise, but they like most studios won't release such information.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
This was one I was interested in getting as well, but I decided against purchasing it because although I really enjoyed the show growing up I am not sure it is something I would watch more than once.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks