What's new

who wants to test my speaker for me? (1 Viewer)

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
So what? Your driver wouldn't be listed on their website.

TC-SOUNDS
9586 DISTRIBUTION AVE, SUITE D,
SAN DIEGO, CA 92121
TEL +1 858 622-1212
FAX +1 858 622 9293

ML Fresco?
Yawnnnnnn, everyone wants to compete with Boze...zzzzzzzz

Geno

Supporting Actor
They wont give out any info on wether or not they make for m&l. So Im back to square one.

Geno

Supporting Actor
OK lets take a poll.....

If you all think im full of it, just say so so I dont have to sit and hope that someone will help me out cause I would really like to get past my sub project and get into my speaker projects...

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
You need a software program that can measure the T/S parameters of the drivers you have. Parts Express uses a device to measure drivers so they can post the T/S specs. Why not see if you can ship your drivers to them so you can get them to measure them for you.
I think Chris is on the right track... I know of at least one small "radio repair" shop in my area which will test a driver's T/S parameters for a fee.

You could call around a bunch of local radio repair and pro audio shops to see if any will offer this service to you? It's relatively simple for someone who has the equipment to do so... but not many DIY's will own this personally.

Rob

Geno

Supporting Actor
I dont know any local shops that will. I guess I could try the car/audio shops.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
It's strikes me as somewhat strange; that someone would have a part that's custom made for Martin Logan (who's manufacturing plant located in Kansas), and not be able to access the T/S specs from either the original seller, or directly from ML. That is unless the drivers were shall we say somewhat aahhhh, 'warm'........

Geno

Supporting Actor
I didnt want to bring it up like that ...

uh, I was driving down the highway and this white van pulled up beside me and said they had cheap speakers for sale. I pulled over and they said they delivered what they were supposed to but had 3 boxes left over....... :)

or, they fell off the back of a truck and the driver didnt stop when they fell out.......but werent damaged

what about, my dad is the CEO of Martin & Logan...NOT

I didnt ask the person who gave them to me and I wont ever try to sell them. All I want to do with them is to use them. If I could get the T/S params myself, I would but I seem to never get right #'s. From the first time I tried, I got a negative enclosure volume. Ive had other problems testing too. I have all the testing equip but with ppl out there that do this in their sleep, I just thought Id pay someone else to do it. and the HTF was the first place I could think of

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
If you have test equipment THIS link should get you started.

A google search for 'measuring Thiele/Small parameters' will get you more info

Geno

Supporting Actor
Thanks. I guess from the response or lack there of, getting T/S params isnt a difficult task. I guess Im just doing something totally wrong.

Ill try it one more time this weekend and see if I can get lucky.

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
It's not entirely odd… most of the electronic surplus stores around here do liquidate OEM components, and I've seen NHT, Klipsch, Bo$e, etc... which actually have the logos and part numbers on them, but no accompanying T/S specs. And then there are all the unlabeled/unrecognizable ones...

They are either discontinued models or items that failed quality control. There are some bargains and some... ummm... garbage. ;)

Geno

Supporting Actor
I would consider it odd if I saw m&l spare parts at a surplus electronics store. m&l is just too high end for that.

just so you all dont hear me whine about these drivers any more, ive sent them to a local car audio shop and they will get back to me this weekend. I just hope y'all arent to tired of hearing about these cause once I get the T/S params I'll have to come back and get more box advice :)

Geno

Supporting Actor
wow, i guess im surprised. I would have thought some of you would jump at the chance to test a m&l woofer out...

oh well

Geno

Supporting Actor
thanks denton, but no martin logan in the list as i didnt expect them to be listed.

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
ive sent them to a local car audio shop and they will get back to me this weekend. I just hope y'all arent to tired of hearing about these cause once I get the T/S params I'll have to come back and get more box advice
So did you get those T/S parameters yet? A box design should be pretty easy once you've got those...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks