What's new

Who Wants to Be a Superhero? (1 Viewer)

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Comic Book geeks unite!

Anyone catch this last week?

$10 says that Creature and Major Victory hook up by the end of the season...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I saw part of it. Hysterical! I'm hoping to catch a rerun (it's being shown again a couple more times, including right before the next episode).

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
It was funny to watch Fat Mama's donut count dwindle throughout most of the show (:)), and then be suddenly replenished after a commercial break. (To be fair, though, I saw two fall to the ground during some of her "action sequences".)

I thought Fat Mama did the best job in the final challenge of the first episode. Her unblinking, unconditional concern for the planted crying girl was very heartwarming. The others who helped the girl were great, too (and Major Victory was Major Goofy ["Pigeons, ten o'clock!"], which was quite entertaining), so it's good to see that at least a few of them have their hearts in the right place. But I still feel like all the others are doing this because it's "cool", whereas Fat Mama actually seems to have adopted a heartfelt -- albeit unconventional -- agenda to improve the world for children. To me, she's the true superhero out of all of them. (Major Victory comes in a close second for "style points", however. ;))

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
My wife rolled her eyes when I DVR'ed this, but half way thought she was really enjoying the show. This is great "reality" TV. I was laughing so hard I almost cried.
I love how serious Stan Lee is in the video clips.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
The show is hysterical... particularly Major Victory.

"Come in my arms [little girl]!"

That was too funny. The show was better than I thought it would be.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Major Victory makes this show for me as well. His character is absolutely hilarious. I love the moves he was doing while he was running. He has the Superhero thing down.

The first episode is also available for free DL on iTunes.

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I caught a bit of what I think was the pilot. So are these actors playing the parts or is it "reality" in that it's regular people acting like superheroes?

This concept is way over my head... :)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
You know what? I like this show. It's silly but it KNOWS it's silly. I for one like the idea of a reality/gameshow that tries to select a winner that has the best qualities a person could have (all the ideal superhero traits like honesty and such.) I'm sick to death of the backstabbing and "let's form an alliance!" BS.

Sure some of the characters suck but Major Victory is just pure awesomeness.

Oh and I'm not surprised the gay guy got cut within the first show's opening minutes. Incredibly stupid characters but they're female and "hot" so they stay. Whatever.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hahaha, I did watch this show last night, it is kind of cool. I like the little challenges and the little side angles.

I didn't understand the selection from the first challenge though for the elimination. Stan picked Monkey Woman in the 3 for elimination and said she glanced at the little girl crying for help and just ran past. Well, I thought I saw Creature not only glance, she turned around and looked at her before continuing to run to the gate.

And what's with Iron Enforcer calling uncle 12" from the door, as Stan said! Sheesh... Must of been a hot day, maybe it melted what's left of his brain....

Go Monkey Woman!

Jay

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I turned to my wife and said, Enforcer makes a horrible hero with no redeeming qualities. He actually makes a better villian.

Sure enough, in the end, I see Stan saw it the same way. LOL!!!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

That was awesome. I am 99% certain that Stan and the producers had this in mind when they selected Iron -- I mean "Dark" -- Enforcer for the show. He totally didn't fit in, either with the other contestants or with the sort of hero persona they seem to be looking for.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
The Courage Test was fun to watch. What a total mind #@$%. I really think the producers expected someone to fall, or at least freak out and turn back without rescuing the damsel. But since nobody did, they had to have a lame Self-Sacrifice Test to find someone to eliminate. (I also think it was thrown in, because "Self-Sacrifice" wasn't one of the qualities Stan told them in the first episode they would be tested on.)

I can't believe some of these guys just don't get it yet: "What was I thinking!?!?" - Tyveculus

I think if Fat Mama insists on dedicating the rest of her efforts to getting "Payback for Tyveculus", she can kiss the show goodbye.

Major Victory is a hoot: "I hope this doesn't mess up my hair!" :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I can let the silly "self-sacrifice" trick slide because the "rescue the damsel" task was so unbelievably awesome. :)

Watch out, heroes! If you thought the Dark Enforcer was tough. . .just wait until Fat Momma comes after you!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Tough to measure the sincerity of all the self-sacrifice at this point, but that post-elimination bit last night was really heartwarming. You don't see stuff like that on reality TV.

Of course, that good feeling was then cancelled out when Lucy put on a show called "Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty," in which some guy who didn't have the cojones to break up with his girlfriend got Shannen Doherty to set up a dumb hidden-camera scene and do it for him. And I thought "Survivor: Race Bait Edition" was bad!

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Nobody watched this tonite?
I'm glad Feedback won........he fit the profile, he lived it..........he WAS a superhero. Although the last 3 people could have been picked and I wouldn't have minded(well..........maybe a little bit if it had been Fat Momma:)). Did everyone enjoy this? This was a 'FUN' reality with no back stabbing and the crap that has caused to NOT watch more than 30 seconds TOTAL of 'Survivor'. I wonder if they'll do this again. I liked how Stan showed up, and how Feedback LIVED the entire experience. BTW..................Major Victory's daughter calling was a great moment. Well done....................Exelcisor!!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I started really late in the series but caught most of the first episodes in repeats. Still a couple missed. I thought it was pretty great overall. Quite surprised. Although I hated the monitor Stan was on on the roof. What was the deal with that blatent product placement/ad? It just looked so out of place. Was it explained in the first episode or something?

I really liked the drawings of the last frame before they cut to commercial. Most of them were great.

Jim Carrey....errr I mean Feedback was the rightful winner. I died laughing at his end video when he said "These jewels are safe." Classic.

Overall cool show, I hope they do it again. It will be interesting to see what the Sci-fi movie is like.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I enjoyed the show. I don't watch much "reality" tv, but I'm a sucker for the superhero genre, so I wanted to see how this one played out. My only concern was that some parts of it seemed VERY scripted. For example, the "convict challenge" seemed set up EXPLICITLY for Lumeria to fail (sit on a female "convict's" lap in a superhero costume, while the other three contestants get away with simple touching of hair or shoulders? I realize Lumeria CHOSE the "lap" challenge, but come ON).

My favorite show was the very first episode where the heroes had to find a place to change into their costumes and then run to a designated finish line...and most of the guys completely ignored the crying child looking for her mother en route to the finish line. The "Iron Enforcer" almost runs the kid over, and the camera cuts to "interview" footage with the steroid-laden Iron Enforcer: "I set my sights on my goal, and I achieve it" (words to that effect).

Anyone notice that Creature and Nitro G were absent from the "reunion" at the very end?

I hoped all along Lumeria would win. I fell in love with her skintight gold and black spandex, but kinda knew Feedback would end up the winner.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Well, I really thought they dropped the ball.

I enjoyed the series, but booting Major Victory and having a final show where you KNOW who is going to win - really fell flat...

Think of it, the last show between Feedback and Major Victory...that would have been great.

It just came out of left field...that treasure hust challenge where Fat Momma was eating everyone's food...she should have been booted for that...

And booting MV for being a wisecrack!? Come on...it IS a superhero show...

Was a letdown in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks