What's new

who professionally calibrates RP CRTs? (1 Viewer)

berk@g

Auditioning
i've been meaning to find this out for some time, but keep putting it off...

my parents have a panasonic HD 52" RP CRT (that had been moved a few times). i never released how bad the HD picture looked until i bought my panaosnic HD 42" plasma. i tried calibrating their tv with my dv esstentials dvd, but i just don't think i have enough room for adjustment (without going into the service menu). it's beyond tweeking- it needs a complete calibration.

where or who can i call to come out and calibrate their tv?

thanks,
Berk

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Berk
It helps if you let us know where they are located ;-)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Well, you could try these guys. :)

In part it will depend on where your parents live. You can find an Imaging Science Foundation certified technician in their area at the ISF homepage (ISF is the group Joe "Digital Essentials" Kane founded.)

Regards,

Joe

berk@g

Auditioning
nice- ISF sounds familiar. I think a friend of mine mentioned that awhile back. So, an ISF technician is the best way to go then?

looks like there is one pretty close by...GNT Audio/Video

thanks!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
a typical service is travel plus 350-600, depending on what company you get to perform it.
the quality and quantity of work will greatly vary by the company (in no relation to the price).
Regards

Gregg

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

It should. Joe Kane of the ISF created the Video Essentials DVD you mention having used, and you'll notice their logo on the cover and in the credits.

Regards,

Joe

berk@g

Auditioning
thanks everyone.

350-600!? i hope to god the calibration makes a noticable difference. otherwise, i'll never hear the end of it from my dad.

i'll have to do some research on the quality of this place before i push this along.

berk@g

Auditioning
thanks for all the input. unfourtunately, my dad doesn't think it's worth the $500 he was quoted. oh well, his lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks