What's new

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit" Blu-ray Announced (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by JohnS /t/322532/who-framed-roger-rabbit-blu-ray-announced/30#post_3958355
Disney needs to do this.
Release those movies that are more geared towards the adults.
Release Disney Enthusiast Collection (Unrated/Uncut, films that had inappropriate materials)
Who Frammed Roger Rabbit?
Song of the South
Fantasia

I'd gladly pay Twilight Time prices for a series like this. They might as well do the short cartoons this way, as they did with Walt Disney Treasures.

Nevertheless, I'm glad Roger Rabbit is coming. I know it's cliché to say "I can't believe it's been # years," but it's a cliché that's cliché because it's true. But I guess I'll be keeping my CAV laserdisc, too.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
And the animators would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those pesky CAV Laserdiscs and their perfect frame by frame access. Something even Blu Ray can't seem to do properly.
I recall when it made the local L.A. news. There was a news crew reporting from the late lamented Dave's Video The Laser Place, which had sold out every copy of WFRR they had in stock.
Wasn't Michael Eisner's private phone number also scrawled on a toontown wall somewhere?

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I'm all for films being presented uncut, but to be perfectly honest, if I didn't know the Baby Herman gag had been changed, I doubt I would ever have noticed. The point of the gag (that he looks up the girl's dress) is still there, as is the look on his face (I heard the original DVD had this changed, but it was back for the SE). Of course, this brings up the question, "why even bother," since there is plenty of other PG-rated material in the film, but this one particular thing is just not that big a deal to me.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Bryan Tuck said:
I'm all for films being presented uncut, but to be perfectly honest, if I didn't know the Baby Herman gag had been changed, I doubt I would ever have noticed. The point of the gag (that he looks up the girl's dress) is still there, as is the look on his face (I heard the original DVD had this changed, but it was back for the SE). Of course, this brings up the question, "why even bother," since there is plenty of other PG-rated material in the film, but this one particular thing is just not that big a deal to me.
Since you've never seen said scene(s), how would you know how you feel? It was an adult scene, poking the finger up and smelling it! From "Aladdin's" beginning censored song to all the rest of the Disney movies mentioned, why would anyone buy movies from Disney that are censored! Unless they offered them in the original way that they were shown in the theater...hence, give the packagings the adult treatment!

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
John Sparks said:
Since you've never seen said scene(s), how would you know how you feel? It was an adult scene, poking the finger up and smelling it! From "Aladdin's" beginning censored song to all the rest of the Disney movies mentioned, why would anyone buy movies from Disney that are censored! Unless they offered them in the original way that they were shown in the theater...hence, give the packagings the adult treatment!
Who said I'd never seen the scene? I saw it twice in theaters on its initial release, although I admit I wouldn't remember those few frames after 24 years. But I cannot even begin to count how many times I watched the film on VHS (where that particular gag was unaltered). I also caught another 35mm screening a few years back after having owned the DVD for a while. Also, the original trailer is on the DVD (as an Easter egg) in which the gag is unaltered. I know what the difference is, and it is extremely miniscule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks