What's new

Which set-up would sound better? (Polk) (1 Viewer)

EricSm

Stunt Coordinator
So I bought the Polk RM-6600 several months ago and have been enjoying it.

One of my relatives recently upgraded their home theater to the energy connoisseur series... the casualty of which was a pair of Polk RT35i's.

I could pretty much get those for free if I wanted. What I'm wondering is if people think it's best to just keep my perfectly balanced/matched RM-6600 setup or would it be best to use the RT35i's as the front main speakers? I'm convinced 2 channel audio would sound best with the 35i's and the PSW350 sub I have, but I'm concerned about balancing/tonal issues when watching multi channel audio sources. The fact that I could fit all five of my RM-6600 speakers inside of one 35i speaker is the basis for most of my worrying...

Anyone have any opinions on this? It's kind of a hassle to get everything switched out and around so I wanted to get some opinions from the folks here.

Thanks for any help.

-eric

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
The timbre balance would be off, yes. How much that matters while watching movies is up to you. What percentage would you say your usage is HT vs. music?
BTW, free is a good price :D

EricSm

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, "free" is a nice price. Unfortunately, I'd have a conscience about taking them to sell for profit... ; 0

I'd say it's pretty 50/50 mix of music/movie madness. It might be worth just trying it out, but I don't want to throw the whole balance of my home theater universe off.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Well, if it would be free then why not just try it and see what you think? No harm, no foul...right?

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Why not try it and buy a CC? Use the 6600 CC as a rear and now you have a 2nd zone w/ your old 6600 speakers. The 35's sound much fuller and better.

PS The 6600 satellites weigh twice as much as their replacement 6700 satellites... hmm..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks