What's new

Which provides better image quality YPbPr or DVI? (1 Viewer)

Tim_

Stunt Coordinator
Which provides better image quality YPbPr or DVI? I just had my Moxi DVR installed with HD service and the junk do not have HDMI that I was hoping for instead its got YPbPr and DVI. I like to use the best signal possible to justified my HD subscription, thanks.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
To the naked eye they'll look practically if not totally identical.

At least that's how my dad's 52" DLP comparison turned out when we did it...

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
If you're going to a digital display (LCD, Plasma, DLP, LCoS) you'll have a slight advantage staying in the DVI realm - one less D->A->D conversion chain.

Leo

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Tim. I have the same PVR as you and I am using Component Cables and the picture is outstanding.

People who have tried doing A/B comparison between analog and digital cables - have not been able to notice any difference (assuming the TV inputs are adjusted the same for both).

HDMI would be nice because it would send both Audio and Video to my TV and reduce the number of cables, but I am happy sending L/R analog to the TV, and a digital connection to my HT reciever for more serious movie watching.

By the way - I was shocked to find out that I can get "Basic Cable" that includes the 5 HD channels and a PVR for $24/month. If they try to bump your bill after the "90 day intro period", consider dropping down to basic.

Tim_

Stunt Coordinator
Bob,
I wish I live around your area. In Ventura county Adelphia service is very expensive. I'm paying $100 bucks for Cable modem, Basic Cable w/5HD, and PVR.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Cable modem is about $50/month which is silly compared to the $24/month for DSL. (I just considered switching).

They DID try to sell me $49/month TV service that jumpped up to $98. I've been happy with the $25 for HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks