What's new

which one would be better, vinyl or parquette? (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
please help me choose between vinly and parquette floor my home theater / living room combo.

for vinyl, how thick? would 2 mm thick be enough? i am planning on purchasing an svs pb12 ultra or plus, single driver. would these kind of flooring be enough to withstand the tremor?

thank you.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Either will be... loud.

Neither will particularly suffer from the sound - the flooring doesn't actually provide much structural support.

Leo

p.s.: responses tend to be slower over weekends and holidays.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
For a living room-type area I would be tempted to consider a composite floor, such as pergo, that looks like wood.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Well, that really depends on the rest of your room. If your have mostly wood furniture (as opposed to plush couches and chairs) and don't have any treatments on the walls or ceiling, then any type of non-carpet floor may be bright, but that could be tamed with other room treatments. I doubt you'll hear much of a difference between vinyl and wood, but someone else may have a more qualified opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks