What's new

Which is more important, Center or Main? (1 Viewer)

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Raj... There is a point at which even the most masculine of us need to break down and finally...

RTFM! ;)

GregBe

Second Unit
Mark,

Great to here someone with your experience backing me up. For me, the demo that clinched it was when I listend to just the center channel with the sub, and then A/B'd it to the mains with the sub (not in phantom mode, so you here only what would be normally heard out of the mains.)
I was amazed how little info was coming out of the mains compared to the center.
I totally agree with your distribution of funds. I spent the most amount of money on my center and sub with the mains and surrounds to follow.

Greg

David Devaux

Agent

I know on the 912 you go into your speaker setup, I think the remote has a right arrow to get into it, and then cycle through the modes. You will see something like this when you go through?

FL - CL - SL which meams Front Center and Surround all set to large

FS - CS - SS means all set to small

IF you see this:
FS - C*-SS it means the front and surround are small and there is no center, which will put the reciever in Phantom Mode.

Any speaker can be set to L,S, or * and you can set them appropriatly.

terence

Supporting Actor
In my set-up i will have say my favorite is the CC. The CC is the hardest working speaker in any system IMO, because of it has to do all but low effects. I have a pretty beefy CC 35lb's, and it has 6/12" slot loaded down firing woofer which really adds to the bass response (frequency response down to 45Hz) for realistic voices and other center specific sounds. One of the best i have heard and can keep up above RL's with ease. I never thought the CC would become my #1 one favirote if i was ranking my speakers.

My vote is go for a great center & build around it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks