What's new

Which DVD (480p) for around $200? (1 Viewer)

Alejandro

Stunt Coordinator
Which progressive dvd should I buy for around $200? I have a toshiba 53hx71 that does 16:9 in squeeze mode. I dont care about the chrono(?) bug, only want the best image and features. Also... how good are monster component cables?? thanks

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Alejandro,

I have to tell you that toshiba is now selling a model of single-tray players with Progresive outs for $189, at places like Costco and Best buy.

It also happens to play .mp3 discs as a bonus.

This is a great price, and my friend is now using one to drive his new sony projector. BIG improvement over regular dvd.

I can't tel you what the model number is, but you shuld have no trouble finding it. Fr what it's worth, we did notice that the EXACT SAME machine is marketed under two different Toshiba model numbers. One at Costco and other at best buy.

I don't know what you give up at this price, if anything. Having seen it, I'd say it's a winner.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
The Toshiba 4700 is about $230 at Best Buy. It also plays MP3's as well as DVD-Audio. There are many posts about it on the Hardware forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks