What's new

Which cables for STB to HDTV? (1 Viewer)

ReneA

Agent
I am about to set up my Mitsu Hi-Def Receiver and am wondering if component video cables are the only way to go with this. Can anyone advise if there is anything better? Thanks.

J

John Morris

Yes Rene, they are the only way to go. I would also recommend a high quality component cable like Canare. I happen to use BetterCables Silver Serpent Component Cables but they are expensive.

ReneA

Agent
Thanks for your response John. In fact, I was leaning towards the Silver Serpent's. I've read nothing but great reviews about 'em. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I am about to set up my Mitsu Hi-Def Receiver and am wondering if component video cables are the only way to go with this.
Component cables are the way to go, but I recommend that you take a look at www.rhinocables.com. Rhino uses top quality Belden 1694a cable, Canare connectors and the workmanship is excellent. Silver Serpents are pretty, but IMO the Rhino's are just as good and cost a lot less.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Before you spend way too much money on cables, check out these guys. Their cables are affordable and are getting rave reviews.
DarrellP,
I like the Outlaw cables. In fact, I posted a review of a blind listening test I did with them just a few weeks ago. In that test the Outlaws unanimously beat a set of AudioQuest Corals that cost 3 times as much. The Outlaws are excellent performers and are a great value.
But the Outlaws are audio cables, not video. Using audio cables in place of video cables can seriously degrade picture quality, especially over long runs.

Ron Schildt

Agent
I had a 20' run from my STB to my TV that I used RG6 cable with screw on F to RCA jack adapters to make my own component cables.

While this may only be a temporary connection, it looks good so far.

Keith_G

Auditioning
James,

In this case STB refers to the Set-Top Box used as a High-Def/Satellite Receiver, for picking up OverTheAir or Satellite Broadcasts.

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks