What's new

Where's the VTF HO? (1 Viewer)

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't you heard, Drew? We are testing the HO subs and turbochargers in the wind tunnels in California :D

We are still hard at work. There is much new technology that all needs to come together.

Sincerely,

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
When it was announced at CES the goal was late summer. Summer by the calender started June 21st and ends in Sept.

Jon Oliva

Agent
I too am very anxious to check out the HO models. Is there any word on VTF-3 HO pricing? A VTF-3 MKII is already making me wince at my budget, but this HO model has definately peaked my interests.

Peter...please hurry up with the HO's...my Ascends are lonely ;)

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Because that is the end of summer:) I am sure that once the HO models are released people will be pleased with them - given the past performance of the Hsu subs.
JP

Jon Oliva

Agent
Ahhhh...now I see :) I'm hoping their out by then so I can have a sub for my Firefly/Serenity party the last week of Sept ;) Yeah, I'm a big geek.

I agree that the HO's will probably be good units (funny sentence in a way). I am hoping the VTF-3 HO won't be more than a Grand, but we'll see.

Jon Oliva

Agent
Oh, good then! I hadn't seen a quoted price, thank you. I wonder if that puts the turbo upgrade for the VTF-3 MKII in the $50 range so it doesn't overlap with the HO models. I'm hoping the HO lives up to expectations (equal to a pair of TN-1220HO tubes)...if it does, it will be amazing. I'm definately waiting as long as I can...

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hey Drew

How long did it take av123 to bring the ULM-12 to market? I think they started taking pre-orders almost a year before they were actually available.

Do you know anything about sourcing components from China?

Do you know that even SVS is now sourcing sub cabinets from China?

Do you know how long it takes to patent something?

Do you know how long it takes to properly beta test a product?

According to Ed Mullen (you've heard of him?), this kind of delay is nothing special.

And even if it takes till Christmas, so what? Please stop whining.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks