What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Where to go from here with box sets? (1 Viewer)

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I don't know if this kind of thread is allowed, I apologize if this is considered thread farting. But at one point I use to love buying box sets, getting a set of movies I've never seen before and just like watching them but I've found that there aren't many I want anymore and I think this stems from not knowing the work of some of these more older box sets.

Like I've gotten:
John Wayne Collection
Steve McQueen Collection
Alfred Hitchcock Signature Collection
Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection
Controversial Classics
Brat Pack
Jack Ryan Set
Alien Quad
Back to the Future
Star Wars

But lately I don't know what to get now... I'm probably going pick up the Sam Peckinpah, Oliver Stone, and Kubrick sets but I don't know if there are any others I should pick up. I love film noir, Big Sleep is one of my favorite movies but for some reason I don't know if I should pick up the Film Noir classic sets. So are there any recomendations?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I hope you don't think THIS is thread farting, but you don't own Star Wars or Back to the Future???? :D What's wrong????

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I'd wait on the Kubrick set--2 disc S.E.'s of each title in the current box are being worked up throughout '06 and '07; when they're all out, I'm sure they'll likely be boxed up.

Almir

Auditioning
Try with cartoon box sets, TV shows, or get all Warner Sets. I love Warner sets. Get those Noir classics, fantastic and in July there are two nice sets, tough guys and Noir Vol.3 with great documentary about Noir films. Then if you are really in movies, go with Kino Video sets. You have D.W.Griffith set, than Douglas Fairbanks set, Movie Begins set, Fritz Lang set, Edison Early Cinema set. If that is not enough collect all Akira Kurosawa Criterion Discs, or Fellini. I mean there are so many things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks