Where to go from here with box sets?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Eric Emma, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Supporting Actor

I don't know if this kind of thread is allowed, I apologize if this is considered thread farting. But at one point I use to love buying box sets, getting a set of movies I've never seen before and just like watching them but I've found that there aren't many I want anymore and I think this stems from not knowing the work of some of these more older box sets.

Like I've gotten:
    John Wayne Collection
    Steve McQueen Collection
    Alfred Hitchcock Signature Collection
    Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection
    Controversial Classics
    Brat Pack
    Jack Ryan Set
    Alien Quad
    Back to the Future
    Star Wars

But lately I don't know what to get now... I'm probably going pick up the Sam Peckinpah, Oliver Stone, and Kubrick sets but I don't know if there are any others I should pick up. I love film noir, Big Sleep is one of my favorite movies but for some reason I don't know if I should pick up the Film Noir classic sets. So are there any recomendations?

2. Ali B

Ali B Second Unit

The John Wayne/John Ford set seems like an obvious one....

3. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I hope you don't think THIS is thread farting, but you don't own Star Wars or Back to the Future???? [​IMG] What's wrong????

4. Travis Brashear

Travis Brashear Screenwriter

I'd wait on the Kubrick set--2 disc S.E.'s of each title in the current box are being worked up throughout '06 and '07; when they're all out, I'm sure they'll likely be boxed up.

5. Almir

Almir Auditioning

Try with cartoon box sets, TV shows, or get all Warner Sets. I love Warner sets. Get those Noir classics, fantastic and in July there are two nice sets, tough guys and Noir Vol.3 with great documentary about Noir films. Then if you are really in movies, go with Kino Video sets. You have D.W.Griffith set, than Douglas Fairbanks set, Movie Begins set, Fritz Lang set, Edison Early Cinema set. If that is not enough collect all Akira Kurosawa Criterion Discs, or Fellini. I mean there are so many things.