Where to get digital audio cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Ch, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Just installed a Lite-On DVD a couple days ago, everything is fine except that it comes with only a standard 4 pin analog audio cable. Now both the player and my sound card (SB Live) supports digital audio (2 pin connector), but neither one comes with digital cable. So far I have no luck locating one, tried Fry's, but all they have are the 4 pin ones too. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
  3. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Thanks, did a goole search and found a number of places (including Turtlebeach), the problem is the cable is cheap (range from $1.00 to $5.00) but shipping is not (range from $5.00 to $11.00), I guess I have to look harder around town, it seems silly to pay 5x the cost of goods for shipping.

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Well if worst comes to worst, you can always make your own, with a little ingeniosity, and solder [​IMG]

5. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

why bother? win2k/xp support cd-audio over the IDE bus, making any direct connection between the drive and your sound card unnecessary. the only reason I can think you might need this is if you are running linux or win98...