What's new

Where to get digital audio cable (1 Viewer)

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Just installed a Lite-On DVD a couple days ago, everything is fine except that it comes with only a standard 4 pin analog audio cable. Now both the player and my sound card (SB Live) supports digital audio (2 pin connector), but neither one comes with digital cable. So far I have no luck locating one, tried Fry's, but all they have are the 4 pin ones too. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Thanks, did a goole search and found a number of places (including Turtlebeach), the problem is the cable is cheap (range from $1.00 to $5.00) but shipping is not (range from $5.00 to $11.00), I guess I have to look harder around town, it seems silly to pay 5x the cost of goods for shipping.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Well if worst comes to worst, you can always make your own, with a little ingeniosity, and solder :)

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
why bother? win2k/xp support cd-audio over the IDE bus, making any direct connection between the drive and your sound card unnecessary. the only reason I can think you might need this is if you are running linux or win98...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks