Where to buy veneer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_Dikun, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Mike_Dikun

Mike_Dikun Agent

I have been looking everywhere for veneer, i've looked at Home Depot, Lowes, and local hardware stores with no luck!!!!
    Where do you guys purchase your veneer from????
    Also, I want this subwoofer/endtable to have a glass top. I need a piece that is 14" x 24" or very close to that. I found www.theglassnetwork.com selling a 3/8 thick piece for $44 shipped. Has anyone ever purchased glass that big?? Is it a decent price?? Are there any retail stores that you know of that sell glass shelves??????

2. Zac_F

Zac_F Agent

Rosenzwieg Lumber in da Bronx, or Rode & Horn Lumber in Brooklyn are the only places I know in the NY area. There must be someplace on LI. There's a woodworkers warehouse on Sunrise Hwy in Suffolk, either Patchogue or Sayville. They might have, but I've never been in there.
    On line check out Tapeease &B&B Woods

3. John E Janowitz

John E Janowitz Second Unit

Tape Ease is actually about 20min from here. www.tapeease.com Their website is a little confusing, but they have just about anything you can dream of, or they'll have it made. I just started working with them, and the first veneer is arriving tomorrow. I beleive the guy to talk to there is Jeff.
    John

4. Brian Fellmeth

Brian Fellmeth Supporting Actor

i have gotten great deals on raw veneer, off beat species, from ebay. There are about 8 regular vendors there. Have purchased 7 or 8 lots- never less than thrilled yet. Got this koa for $15
    koa veneer speakers