1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy supplies to make my own cables ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Blakeslee, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Rob Blakeslee

Rob Blakeslee Auditioning

Hello everyone,
    I am looking into making my own interconnects and speaker wires and was looking for some good website to research and buy supplies. I have already been using Parts Connection and Homegrown Audio's website. I am interested in being able to buy name brand wire such as Kimber and DH Labs.
    Thanks, Rob

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

3. Dennis Kindig

Check out Jon Risch's web site, too. He has had good results (validated by others at Audio Asylum, where he generally keeps an ear to the ground) with Belden 89259 cable. His interconnect and speaker wire designs compete well with cables costing AT LEAST hundreds of dollars more. When I get around to upgrading my interconnects/cables I will be using his designs since they are proven and represent the best initial performance for their cost. Maybe some time down the pike when I complete the rest of my system I will look at playing with high-end interconnects and cables, but right now I just can't justify the excessive cost of some of these things.
    Jon Risch's Main Link Page
    Also, if you want to use Jon Risch's designs but don't want to go through the hassle of locating all the necessary components, check out DIYCable.com. They provide his cables and interconnects in high-quality kit form.
    DIYCables.com
    Don't overlook DIYCable's link page. There is a tremendous amount of information there.
    Dennis