What's new

Where to buy RX-V1GL? (1 Viewer)

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Where can I buy the Yamaha RX-V1GL? I would like to get this reciever for my mini theatre. I called a bunch of places in the area and couldn't find this old model in stock anymore. The last prices that most stores had on these were between $1200 and $1400USD. I would rather get a new one from a B&M in the SF bay area, or maybe a well known online etailer. I would really like the GL version as the colour matches all of the other source devices like my DMR-E10, LD, Sony DVD and SACD players.

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
The Tweeter chain stores, Hi-Fi Buys in Atlanta, Sound Advice in Florida was selling them recently for $1299 if you have any Tweeters in San Francisco and you haven,t yet tryed them, give them a call they may still have some although at that price doubt it. BTW it a great receiver.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Thank for you help Jerry but those stores are not in the SF bay area. I've tried calling a lot of stores in the area, maybe like 20 or so stores of mass market retail chains, speciality and mom & pops. The ones that have it only either have the display models at a higher than $1.4k price, or the RX-V1 (black).

Kevin M.

Auditioning
THE TWEETER ETC. IN MANCHESTER NH HAS THE UNIT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR NEW IN BOX I JUST GOT ONE.1-603-644-8987 $1299.00 MAYBE THEY CAN SHIP YOU ONE.FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD TWEETER BOUGHT ALL THE REMAINING UNITS FROM YAMAHA.RX-V1GL ONLY ARE LEFT.

JonnyD

Auditioning
I have just bought mine 2 weeks ago at Tweeter in Dallas I know I know not S.F. but they said that they had about 30 sets left not sure if this was in the Texas area or all over the US
Phone 214 387 4761 Give them a call
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks