What's new

Where to buy black cable sheath? (1 Viewer)

Colin-H

Second Unit
Ken, while we're at it, can you suggest the proper size of TechFlex for bundling 3 RG6 coax cables? what about 2? How about 2 pair of 12AWG speaker cables?

Will WireCare send out samples?

Jeff Mills

Stunt Coordinator
Wirecare.com is almost double the cost for PET that some other suppliers online are. Maybe you should relook your agreement with Wirecare so they can become competitive with other online retailers that will also cut to small lengths.

Heatshrink.com 1/4"PET $0.28 per foot

Wirecare.com 1/4"PET $0.53 per foot.

Why would anyone want to pay nearly double the cost for the same product, especially when heatshrink.coms service is fantastic.

Paul Holstein

Auditioning
You can find braided sleeving and wire loom at http://cableorganizer.com/wire-management/
I recommend the Clean Cut brand because it is less likely to fray. I would also recommend you use heat shrink on the ends for a nice finish.
We carry black in stock but we can order other colors upon request and minimum orders
--Paul Holstein
CableOrganizer.com

AndrewTheurer

Auditioning
Just ordered from Nelco products, pretty good prices:

ITEMS:

1. PROTECTO 1/2-PE: General Purpose Polyester Expandable (Braided) Mon/100 ft spool - Black @ 1

Target Price: $0.00

Quoted Price: $41.85

Price per measure: $41.85 per item

2. PROTECTO 1/4-PE: General Purpose Polyester Expandable (Braided) Mon/100 ft spool - Black @ 1

Quoted Price: $24.30

Price per measure: $24.30 per item

3. PROTECTO 3/8-PE: General Purpose Polyester Expandable (Braided) Mon/100 ft spool - Black @ 1

Quoted Price: $33.30

Price per measure: $33.30 per item

Total Target: $0.00

Quoted Total: $99.45

Ted Drain

Agent
Colin,
1/4" TechFlex will work fine for a pair of 12 gauge wires (use 12mm 3:1 shrink tubing to seal it). For bi-wired 12 gauge, use 1/2" TechFlex and 18mm 3:1 shrink tubing.
I just finished my speaker wires with this approach. You can check out the results at (scroll to the bottom and click on speaker cables):
DIY Home Theater Cables
This page also has links to the Parts Express pages for TechFlex. You can also find TechFlex sizing for various cable types (single cables, two cable bundles, and three cable bundles) and correct sizes for shrink tubing by looking at the other cable construction pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks