What's new

Where online did you buy your HT? (1 Viewer)

Shawn.G

Second Unit
I am shopping around for an amp and preamp or a sub around 300. I am in my second year of HT and I am begining to wonder, where's the best place to buy speakers, receivers, etc. online? Why-good returns, prices, what? Thanks for your responses!!

Boka

Stunt Coordinator
I've bought audio stuff online from the following places and would gladly shop at any of them again.
(1) B&H Photo Video - Link Removed (absolutely outstanding customer service. If the price is comparable I'll always buy here.)
(2)Best Price Audio Video - www.bestpriceaudiovideo.com (good prices, quick response to e-mails)
(3) Reliable Audio Video - www.reliableaudiovideo.com (good prices)
Don't forget to check out www.resellerratings.com and Link Removed for customer reviews of various retailers.
Boka

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Buy only from authorized dealers if you want to avoid serious trouble. As for a separate preamp, power amp, and a subwoofer for $300, you'd be hard pressed to find such a deal even in the used market.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I prefer to buy local, from dealers I have built up some rapport with. I find I can get good deals this way, often as good as online pricing with no shipping. Of the few problems I have had, they are, so far, very willing to help me with them.

As for a separate preamp, power amp, and a subwoofer for $300, you'd be hard pressed to find such a deal even in the used market.
Agreed, I think you would be just in the neigborhood of a single decent, used monoblock amp. Hardly a chance of a good pre-amp in or under that price range. Sub for that price should not be tough.

Shawn.G

Second Unit
I must have worded that wrong, sorry. I meant a preamp and an amp for around 300 or a sub for 300. But I am mainly looking for a sub. What would you recommend for a sub. I don't mind buying used either. Thanks.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I think you will have a hard time finding a pre-amp/amp setup for $300, too. At that price, you are probably in the market for a receiver.
I have purchased components from a few online vendors that I would recommend. I've received the best service from www.onecall.com , www.jandr.com and Link Removed . One other site recommended above (www.reliableaudiovideo.com) does not double box their shipments, so I have avoided using them after one purchase.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I bought 4 Adcom GFA-535 stereo amps off ebay for an average of $125/ea including shipping. Some great deals can be had off ebay for used gear.
Peace Out~:D

Alex Dydula

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

elegantaudivideo, double boxed my receiver, and Marc in Ottawa doubleboxed all five speakers!

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks