Where online did you buy your HT?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn.G, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

I am shopping around for an amp and preamp or a sub around 300. I am in my second year of HT and I am begining to wonder, where's the best place to buy speakers, receivers, etc. online? Why-good returns, prices, what? Thanks for your responses!!

2. Boka

Boka Stunt Coordinator

I've bought audio stuff online from the following places and would gladly shop at any of them again.
    (1) B&H Photo Video - www.bhphotovideo.com (absolutely outstanding customer service. If the price is comparable I'll always buy here.)
    (2)Best Price Audio Video - www.bestpriceaudiovideo.com (good prices, quick response to e-mails)
    (3) Reliable Audio Video - www.reliableaudiovideo.com (good prices)
    Don't forget to check out www.resellerratings.com and www.audiosurvey.com for customer reviews of various retailers.
    Boka

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Buy only from authorized dealers if you want to avoid serious trouble. As for a separate preamp, power amp, and a subwoofer for $300, you'd be hard pressed to find such a deal even in the used market.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I prefer to buy local, from dealers I have built up some rapport with. I find I can get good deals this way, often as good as online pricing with no shipping. Of the few problems I have had, they are, so far, very willing to help me with them.

5. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

I must have worded that wrong, sorry. I meant a preamp and an amp for around 300 or a sub for 300. But I am mainly looking for a sub. What would you recommend for a sub. I don't mind buying used either. Thanks.

6. Alex Dydula

Alex Dydula Stunt Coordinator

7. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I think you will have a hard time finding a pre-amp/amp setup for $300, too. At that price, you are probably in the market for a receiver.
    I have purchased components from a few online vendors that I would recommend. I've received the best service from www.onecall.com , www.jandr.com and www.bhphoto.com . One other site recommended above (www.reliableaudiovideo.com) does not double box their shipments, so I have avoided using them after one purchase.

8. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I bought 4 Adcom GFA-535 stereo amps off ebay for an average of $125/ea including shipping. Some great deals can be had off ebay for used gear.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

9. Alex Dydula

Alex Dydula Stunt Coordinator

Scott,

elegantaudivideo, double boxed my receiver, and Marc in Ottawa doubleboxed all five speakers!

Alex