What's new

Where online did you buy your HT? (1 Viewer)

Shawn.G

Second Unit
I am shopping around for an amp and preamp or a sub around 300. I am in my second year of HT and I am begining to wonder, where's the best place to buy speakers, receivers, etc. online? Why-good returns, prices, what? Thanks for your responses!!

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
etronics : bought denon avr1802, stopped working in 3 months, and 9 months later they told me that it is discontinued. the gave me choice, avr1803, or money back. i already had avr2802, so i asked money back, and they granted my wish. still, 9 months just to fix a receiver didnt make sense at all.

ebay : got burned once, but i purchased boston acoustics vr-m series, much cheaper than tweeter's, brand new, shrinkwrapped.

yawaonline : this one is real good. i bought psb image 1b, and they responded to my emails in under 3 hours. great customer service.

Jim Mack

Auditioning
yawaonline - the only place that had the NAD T752 in stock (both of my local dealers didn't), and at a nice discount. Great customer service - highly recommended. Bill Chiu is very professional.

Jim

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I have bought from these sites without any problems:

etronics.com

amdv.com (doesn't seem to be around anymore)

reliableaudiovideo.com ("In-Stock" does not mean you can pay for Air and get in a couple days. All shipping methods arrive within a couple days of each other. Go cheapest.)

I've purchased from J&R Music World and they are very good in terms of customer service and pricing...although their selection is a bit limited, I.E. no really high end gear.

As for speakers on-line, there are a few manufacturers that sell direct such as Axiom, SVSubwoofers, Rocket (through AV123), Hsu and a lot more I'm leaving out...they can be a great alternative to buying from a B&M...although you won't get a change to demo the speakers if you buy online, most manufacturers have at least a 30 day retun policy...

Anthony.Lin

Stunt Coordinator
i've purchased from av123.com and eBay, and i've had great results :)
AV123.com's service is top notch, and I LOVE my speakers. If they put so much time and effort just to get these great-sounding speakers out, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up anything else they recommend. Heck, you could even e-mail them and ask them how much their processors would help out, and they'd give you an honest answer (I hope ;))
With eBay, I'm an avid buyer/seller. I've probably purchased/sold about 80-100 things overall off of eBay, and haven't got burned yet *knocks on wood*. YMMV with eBay.

Scott_Kwo

Auditioning
Recently bought Polk RTi38s and a Velodyne CHT12 from here.
http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/
good service, no complaints
crutchfield.com - but pricey. Great service, been using them for 10 years. No complaints. Usually wait for free shipping to pick up little things.
Other posts sound like highend stuff. I'm in the mainstream stuff. Can't afford to play in the highend arena yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks