Real Name
Dana Martin
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/ED270804-095F-449B-9B69-6CEE46A0B2BF

1617846173618.png

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
They ended their relationship with the 3rd party online store/fulfillment center and now have their own storefront on Amazon - see Dana's post above (and he has a link as well). I'd guess the 4/$44 sales are over (hope not) but Warner Archive's not gone away like it sounds.

You can read more about it in this thread:

Just keep in mind you'll also be wading through sale deals and early speculation to get the story.

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Wow! It ain't over til it's over, but this is one more nail in the coffin. :huh:
don't fire up the retort just yet, it's a restructuring, i believe that it will continue just in a different way. The entity that was running the shop wasn't exactly WB to begin with. and with the new aegis under AT&T some changes were bound to happen. Cost cutting where they can. I am not trying to defend Bezos company, but one thing is that they are better at is distribution than most companies.

and as someone else had stated, the big "A" opens up the possibilities for non US customers, so it's a win on both parts.

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So now We have to go through Amazon to order From Warner? Yikes
NO, you don't.

You've ALWAYS been able to order Warner from multiple sources all along.

Outside of the 4 for 44 sales, WB Shop was one of the highest priced places to order stuff from.

Please read through the dozens of other threads that talk about Warner releases where its been stressed repeatedly that the fortunes of WB Shop are not linked to Warner's future or other retailers selling Warner merchandise.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Last edited:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
They ended their relationship with the 3rd party online store/fulfillment center and now have their own storefront on Amazon - see Dana's post above (and he has a link as well). I'd guess the 4/$44 sales are over (hope not) but they've not gone away like it sounds.

You can read more about it in this thread:

Just keep in mind you'll also be wading through sale deals and early speculation to get the story.
The last 4 for $44 sale said it was the last such sale ever. I was hoping for greater discounts. Guess this is why. I have had the most price luck from Deep Discount on Warner Archive titles. So I guess I'll go there.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There was no “direct from Warner” prior to this change either. WBShop was neither owned nor operated by Warner and hadn’t been for many years.
I’m guessing that means then, that the last 2 seasons of Mayberry RFd and season 3-5 of head of the class won’t see the light of day?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’m guessing that means then, that the last 2 seasons of Mayberry RFd and season 3-5 of head of the class won’t see the light of day?
You can make any assumption you desire, but I don't think closing down WBShop has any effect what they're going to release down the road. The Warner Archive label is still active!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think it's been more than 5 years since the first season of Mayberry RFD came out so I wouldn't be too optimistic about the rest of the series getting released but it looks like Head Of The Class is getting a reboot on HBOMAX so I'd imagine that they'll keep releasing the rest of the original series.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I think it's been more than 5 years since the first season of Mayberry RFD came out so I wouldn't be too optimistic about the rest of the series getting released but it looks like Head Of The Class is getting a reboot on HBOMAX so I'd imagine that they'll keep releasing the rest of the original series.
Warner Archives label has cooled on vintage TV. Who knows if we’ll see the shows you mentio or Mr Novak or Eleventh Hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks