What's new

Where is Warner Archive? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your POV, we’re still within the “25 business days” window and the “please allow ten extra business days” follow up that they said it would take to ship. I think we’re all gonna get those packages but it’ll be a little bit longer.

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
I think it's been more than 5 years since the first season of Mayberry RFD came out so I wouldn't be too optimistic about the rest of the series getting released but it looks like Head Of The Class is getting a reboot on HBOMAX so I'd imagine that they'll keep releasing the rest of the original series.
I don't care about Warner's. Since they have refused to release the last season and a half of Paradise with Lee Horsley and their final 50s series Colt .45 & The Alaskans, none of out 900+ members in our TV Western collectors have bought anything from Warner's. They can go you know where, we will not spend any money on Warner product.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I don't care about Warner's. Since they have refused to release the last season and a half of Paradise with Lee Horsley and their final 50s series Colt .45 & The Alaskans, none of out 900+ members in our TV Western collectors have bought anything from Warner's. They can go you know where, we will not spend any money on Warner product.
Well, technically they never 'refused to release' those seasons of Paradise. It just hasn't happened yet. And according to one of the most recent podcasts, these final Paradise seasons have had new scans and there was talk about a 2022 DVD release.

And I don't think they've 'refused to release' the other shows you mentioned either.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those still waiting, someone (BunyipPouch ) on Bluray.com compiled a list of the most common reported titles in orders not yet shipped trying to get a feeling for which items might be holding the line. There are very likely many others, but at least a glance at some fo the Blurays

• Sgt York -- was actually mentioned by WBshop/Warner at hold many up
  • The Best Years of Our Lives
  • Performance
  • Jeremiah Johnson
  • The Curse of Frankenstein
  • Scarecrow
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Wow, Doug. In another thread where you said the exact same thing, I told you it was confirmed they are actually working on it, but still you spread your animosity toward them. And for that matter, I don’t care whether you spend any more money at Warner’s, and neither should they. The rest of us will continue to enjoy the wealth of classics coming out, including the new masters of ”Paradise” in the near future.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your POV, we’re still within the “25 business days” window and the “please allow ten extra business days” follow up that they said it would take to ship. I think we’re all gonna get those packages but it’ll be a little bit longer.
And when it does ship, you should have it quickly. I had my package within a day or two after the shipping notice arrived in my email.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
And when it does ship, you should have it quickly. I had my package within a day or two after the shipping notice arrived in my email.
Yes, I had the same experience. I received my shipment notification on their last day of business, 3.31 with delivery stated as 4.1. On 4.1 I wanted to track my shipment, but was unable to do so because WBShop had been taken down. I received my shipment on 4.1, but believe they should have provided some way/service for customers to track their orders online easily until the last order had been fulfilled. They didn't even provide a customer service e-mail address on the page that came up in place of WBShop.com.

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
No doubt. After all, last year's liquidation sale at Twilight Time led to their being awash with a tidal wave of orders. And now, this year, it wasn't the end for WAC...but it was the end of their killer 4/44 program. One can only imagine how many orders that last hurrah had produced.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Wow, Doug. In another thread where you said the exact same thing, I told you it was confirmed they are actually working on it, but still you spread your animosity toward them. And for that matter, I don’t care whether you spend any more money at Warner’s, and neither should they. The rest of us will continue to enjoy the wealth of classics coming out, including the new masters of ”Paradise” in the near future.
Agreed. I have zero animosities towards Warner and WAC about their selections of what will be released. I continue to hope for "Ryan's Daughter". 5 years later, it still hasn't happened. They have their reasons, they have their schedules and most of all...it is their money and it is their budget. Meanwhile, throughout these past 5 years, WAC has provided literally hundreds of titles of magnificent diversions and delights. Add to that, their restorative efforts have proven to be nothing short of a sumptuous feast for both the eye and the ear.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
On 4.1 I wanted to track my shipment, but was unable to do so because WBShop had been taken down.
I think you should be able to use the tracking number in the email to track it with UPS/FedEx/USPS web site. You might have to copy and paste the tracking number rather than just clicking the link, though.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I think you should be able to use the tracking number in the email to track it with UPS/FedEx/USPS web site. You might have to copy and paste the tracking number rather than just clicking the link, though.
There was no tracking number in the text of the shipment notification email. I just checked it again. The only choice was to click and view the tracking info. Regardless, I received my order and I'm sure everyone else will receive theirs soon.

Reactions: PMF

Harold Chasen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
For a month, I had heard nothing about my order of March 14. Then, on Monday (April 12) I got a notice that my order had shipped, complete with tracking information UPS). It was supposed to arrive today (April 14) - and it did!

So, for those still waiting, the orders may be delayed, but they should get to you sooner or later.

JC Riesenbeck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
I'm still waiting on my 4 for $44 order. I've gotten a couple of their emails basicallysaying don't worry be happy. But now I can't even check on it. Well, I am worried now and I'm not happy.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
After being an amazing resource, Warner Archive has been a string of frustrations and disappointments. I loved their output, but the website was pricey for DVD-Rs. Then their streaming channel was amazing. I got to watch a ton of shows I never would have blindly purchased and they actually ran Irwin Allen's City Beneath the Sea in 4:6 rather than 16:9 like the DVD. Then, the streaming service was gone. I'm not about to buy Dr. Kildare, but I loved being able to watch it. Now I have to someday buy Harry-O, Jericho and The Girl from UNCLE. This is why I hate that streaming is "the way of the future." Channels come and go. A lot of great streaming channels were dropped form Roku over the last few years. I really miss the Unaired Pilot Channel.

And now you can't follow up on orders from the Website? Uncool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks