What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Where is the Paramount title "Arise My Love"-1940s Claudette Colbert? (1 Viewer)

FrankXS

Second Unit
We have been able to see so many of Claudette Colbert's film catalog from the 30s and 40s, but why has her early 1940's title "Arise My Love" fallen through the cracks? Maybe Kino-Lorber or Criterion can bring forth a blu ray edition.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Aunt Peg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Edwards
For what its worth there was a DVD release of Arise My Love in Spain about 10 years ago. I ordered a copy and was really impressed with the quality - was definitely not a boot-leg like some Spanish discs are (and if it was it was of excellent quality). Also, the Spanish subtitles were removable.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
For what its worth there was a DVD release of Arise My Love in Spain about 10 years ago. I ordered a copy and was really impressed with the quality - was definitely not a boot-leg like some Spanish discs are (and if it was it was of excellent quality). Also, the Spanish subtitles were removable.
There is/was also a U.K. DVD. (Arise My Love is the film in which Walter Abel repeatedly declares "I'm not happy.")

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann

Yes, those Spanish "Cinema Classics" Universal DVDs are all official and quite lovely. I'm hoping that Kino will do Arise My Love and hopefully a few of the missing Leisen films including The Mating Season, Lady in the Dark, Take a Letter Darling and Bride of Vengeance, if possible.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Unless it's in the public domain, careful talking about buying unauthorized versions around here.

The official stance is that it's naughty, even though I'm sure the moderator that deletes it would be sympathetic considering the age of the movie and that it has been neglected for decades with the rights holder not doing anything with the property.

Alas even though it's hardly like it's a latest release, if it's copyrighted, an unauthorized version is still unauthorized and officially frowned against.

As a Claudette Colbert fan though, I hope to be able to buy an officially sanctioned release one of these days.

roger.howerton

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger Howerton
Unless it's in the public domain, careful talking about buying unauthorized versions around here.

The official stance is that it's naughty, even though I'm sure the moderator that deletes it would be sympathetic considering the age of the movie and that it has been neglected for decades with the rights holder not doing anything with the property.

Alas even though it's hardly like it's a latest release, if it's copyrighted, an unauthorized version is still unauthorized and officially frowned against.

As a Claudette Colbert fan though, I hope to be able to buy an officially sanctioned release one of these days.
Thank you for the information from this newbie to the forum. I just deleted my post. I will be more careful in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks