What's new

Where is "Elvis" The Miniseries? (1 Viewer)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Does anyone remember the classic TV series "Elvis" which was done in 1990 and starred Michael St. Gerard? I was wondering since the Elvis Presley estate has recently released his classic TV show "The 1968 Comeback Special" and arguably his greatest concert ever, 1973's "Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii" (both with awesome picture and sound restoration as well as tons of extras), is there any word on when or if this excellent mini-series will be released?

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
"Elvis" was great TV, but it was a weekly series -- not a mini-series. It was canceled after 10 episodes with 3 in the can. Later a featurette, or mini-series, called Elvis: The Early Years (as I recall) was put together from the existing episodes.

The series had some great music and was a seminal look at the early days of the Hillbilly Cat, Scotty & Bill -- as they were called in the Sun Record days... It was unfortunate that it was canceled before it reached the RCA Records era and all the fame and the Colonel... Still, a great look at the young Elvis.

CherylWI

Stunt Coordinator
I'd gladly buy the existing episodes. It was a very faithful adaption of Elvis's early life and times. I'm hoping that with all the other Elvis musical releases that are out, this will be next in line.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

Does this mean there were 3 episodes that have never aired? If this is true, it would be a great bonus to have these on a DVD release of this show!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.