1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is "Elvis" The Miniseries?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Carlos Garcia, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Does anyone remember the classic TV series "Elvis" which was done in 1990 and starred Michael St. Gerard? I was wondering since the Elvis Presley estate has recently released his classic TV show "The 1968 Comeback Special" and arguably his greatest concert ever, 1973's "Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii" (both with awesome picture and sound restoration as well as tons of extras), is there any word on when or if this excellent mini-series will be released?

2. John Carr

John Carr Stunt Coordinator

"Elvis" was great TV, but it was a weekly series -- not a mini-series. It was canceled after 10 episodes with 3 in the can. Later a featurette, or mini-series, called Elvis: The Early Years (as I recall) was put together from the existing episodes.

The series had some great music and was a seminal look at the early days of the Hillbilly Cat, Scotty & Bill -- as they were called in the Sun Record days... It was unfortunate that it was canceled before it reached the RCA Records era and all the fame and the Colonel... Still, a great look at the young Elvis.

3. CherylWI

CherylWI Stunt Coordinator

I'd gladly buy the existing episodes. It was a very faithful adaption of Elvis's early life and times. I'm hoping that with all the other Elvis musical releases that are out, this will be next in line.

4. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Does this mean there were 3 episodes that have never aired? If this is true, it would be a great bonus to have these on a DVD release of this show!