What's new

Where can I buy a black CP72? (1 Viewer)

Dan_R_M

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know of an online retailer that would have some left? I found a few but they are a bit more than what I've heard people are buying them for. Thanks.

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen it on Buy.com for $280 (before the rebate), which I agree is too high, since it is easy to find the silver CP72 for $220 (before the rebate) right now. I gave up trying to find the black and went with the silver. J&R told me that they are getting more black ones in, but that's what a lot of retailers had said about the RP82 before it became clear they weren't getting more in.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I bought an open box unit from Crutchfield. I could have bought a brand new silver unit for cheaper, but I wanted black. It arrives tomorrow and I sure hope there's nothing wrong with it...

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
I too just bought an Open Box CP72 in black from Crutchfield.:) I hope this wasn't the same unit that James bought. !:b
I guess we'll see. They have a thirty-day return policy with prepaid shipping so I shouldn't get stuck with a bad unit.
On another note: I was told by a CS rep at Panasonic that they will accept a photocopy of the Proof of Purchase/UPC label for the $30 MIR and that the original UPC should be sent with the Blockbuster 5 Rental Card offer. Sorry if this is old news. :D

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Lol,

I just came on the forum to post this same thread! Does anyone have any other sites to order from with the Black models in stock? I despise Buy.com and will not order through them again due to bad customer service.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
www.soundcenter.net has them in stock. However, they are $289. I went ahead and bought one, just because I'm not going through with the wait for J and R or there Re/E-tailers to get them instock. I cant beleive they are selling these players over the MSRP. Anyways, I wanted the black unit and thought it was worth the extra money.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I just got mine today and am glad I went for the black. It actually looks quite nice and so far doesn't seem to have any problems for an open box model, but I'm still checking it out.
Crutchfield packs very well by the way. I had ordered a player from J&R and it came inside another cardboard box with just a plastic air bag on top of it, nothing to protect the bottom or sides. One side of both boxes was torn and the player was damaged on that side so I sent it back. Don't know whose fault it was (J&R or UPS) but better packing would have helped.
Crutchfield shipped the CP72 in a big box filled with peanuts, quite well protected.

By the way, John Wilson - how much did you pay for yours? And where exactly is the "Proof of Purchase/UPC label?" And the Blockbuster 5 Rental Card offer? I'm not sure if I got any of this stuff...

TimothyE

Stunt Coordinator
Even though I ended up getting a silver one through a pricematch at Circuit City, if you want black, as of yesterday, Smartware Etc still had them. That is where I got my first one and I had no problems when I returned it (I didn't think it was the one for me until I tried some other players).
I didn't really care for the gloss black, since all my other black components were satin finish. The mirror finish of the silver model looks fine as it just reflects the colors around it.
All the best,
Tim

James Zos

Supporting Actor
"The 'proof of purchase' label is a sticker on the box (you have to cut it out)."

Thanks Brajesh!

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam

Are you sure? Or are they just saying this so they can reject your $30 rebate request? The details specifically say it must be the original. This is stated on both offers.

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
I am sure that the rep at the CS phone number 1-800-832-7199 told me this. Whether she was being truthful or not is another thing. :frowning: Maybe someone reading this thread can call and confirm what was relayed to me. I didn't get a name so maybe we could find out if this information is consistant or not.
Any volunteers? :D

KenJB

Auditioning
I spoke w/ Terry at Panasonic 1-800-833-9626. That's the # noted on the Blockbuster offer and she said send original for $ and copy for movies. Then I called Sue at 1-800-832-7199, the # on the $30 rebate and she said the reverse. I questioned her on the confusion...and she commented "then it really doesn't matter." Terry repesented the Blockbuster offer and would accept copies and Sue represented the $30 rebate offer and would accept copies. I'm sending my original for the $30.
Ken

Bert D

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered a Black CP-72 from "discountmaven.com" for $225 plus shipping. Make sure you go through Yahoo, if you go to the site direct it is more. (why??) :)

Wyatt_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I waited too long to decide on an RP-82..saw J&R's price on CP-72's but a few weeks ago when I went to order they were out of stock - I signed up to get an email when stock arrived. After hearing about Panasonic's new players not having DCDi I went ahead and ordered a silver one from Crutchfield.
My silver CP-72 works fine and I'm glad I made the purchase. Surprised to read above about J&R shipping them when listed as out of stock.. Anyway, this morning I have an email from J&R - I figure "Oh yeah, here's the message saying they're back in stock"...but was suprised to read the following:
----------------------------------------
Dear Valued Customer,
Recently, you submitted a “stock alert” requesting to be notified when we have the item(s) below back in stock.
We are sorry to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable provide you with this information.
At the current time, we are unable to obtain sufficient information from the manufacturer as to when or if we will be receiving another shipment.
If you would like to see similar products, click the link below the product.
PANASONIC DVD-CP72 Slim Line 5-Disc DVD-Audio/Video Changer – Black
http://www.jandr.com/JRSectionView.p...tockalertsorry
For further details, please call us Toll Free at 1-800-806-1115.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and we thank you for visiting us.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department using the information below.
Thank you once again for shopping at J&R Music And Computer World.
--------------------------------------------
??!! Wyatt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks