What's new

Not being notified of updates to many threads I follow (1 Viewer)

Robert Saccone

Premium
In the past month or so I've noticed that I don't get notifications off the alarm bell icon for updates to many of the threads I follow. I get a few but more often than not I end up discovering that they been updated by looking through the list of what's recently changed. Is there some limit on followed threads that I've hit?

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
In the past month or so I've noticed that I don't get notifications off the alarm bell icon for updates to many of the threads I follow. I get a few but more often than not I end up discovering that they been updated by looking through the list of what's recently changed. Is there some limit on followed threads that I've hit?
Robert, that's a very good question and something I've noticed for a number of years now, actually. I just never got around to asking.

I receive notifications for most of the threads I follow, but there are a few that still show with my avatar indicating that I'm following them, but I don't receive updates. I wonder if it may be dependent upon the amount of engagement on those threads, also? As I recall, I followed those threads, but didn't leave many or any comments on them.

It'll be interesting if someone has an answer.

Robert Saccone

Premium
Robert, that's a very good question and something I've noticed for a number of years now, actually. I just never got around to asking.

I receive notifications for most of the threads I follow, but there are a few that still show with my avatar indicating that I'm following them, but I don't receive updates. I wonder if it may be dependent upon the amount of engagement on those threads, also? As I recall, I followed those threads, but didn't leave many or any comments on them.

It'll be interesting if someone has an answer.
I hope I get notified of this thread being updated 😝

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
While we wait for someone above my pay grade to show up, I'll make a couple comments.

The first is that, occasionally, someone might show up as a new member of the forum--make a post in a thread--and we discover they are really a bot or a spammer. We will ban them from the forum as such and that will also automatically erase any of their posts on the forum. So, even us moderators have been fooled by threads that have been bumped but, for which, the notifications may have happened but then eventually disappear (but the thread still remains "bumped." It's all kind of confusing. But it also doesn't happen all that often because we usually catch most malicious new sign-ups before they get a chance to post.

Second, I haven't noticed any shortfall in notifications. And I might be subscribed to more threads than anyone else on the forum! :D That's just how I use the forum. But I don't get e-mail notifications, I just depend upon the little bell icon in the upper right-hand corner of the forum page. So maybe I am missing some and just don't realize it! 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks