What's new

When will Beauty and the Beast be rereleased on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
Since I can't find it in stores, I assumed Disney has held production on it. Does anyone know when it will be released again?

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
If you've got a region free player it's still available in most places in the UK and Ireland ( if you mean the 2 disc set ). I think it's also still available in Japan.
If you need a R1 copy then I guess Ebay is your best bet.

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
There´s the R4, NTSC edition from Brazil.

It´s exactly the same (double disk, same extras), and it also comes with a nice fridge sticker.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe all the Platinum Series releases go on moratorium as of December 31 following their release.

If you want them, you need to buy them soon after release since how long they'll last after January 1 is questionable.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Sean, go to DVDPriceSearch.com. Lots of online stores still have Disney's Beauty & the Beast in stock. It's not hard to find online at all.

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
Is there any release that doesn't come with 3 versions of the movie crammed onto 1 disc?
Now that you mentioned...

I´m not 100% certain of that (I have the imported one), but the workprint version is NOT listed under the specs of the brazilian R4 edition in any of the online stores.

But that means nothing, cause the commentary track from R4´s THE LION KING isn´t mentioned on the specs as well, but it IS there.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Darn, I thought you were talking about the old TV show starring Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman.

I want to know when that version of B&B will be on DVD! :)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Here's some food for thought.

The Brazil version includes Spanish and Portugese 5.1 tracks (in addition to English 5.1).

Maybe they dropped the Work In Progress to make room for the additional audio! If so, the video could have substantially less compression than the US version!

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
Another tidbit:

All DVDs from Disney (and Fox, Columbia, MGM and Warner) are authored and mastered in the USA, in the same lab that made the R1 edition.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I know that I am probably REALLY too late, but is there any chance I can find this to purchase on line at a Canadian DVD retailer? Don't want to spend as much as they're going for on E-Bay. Thanks in advance.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I don't know where you could find a new copy but
I have a copy for sale. Email me at chetmfletcher(at)yahoo.com if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks