What's new

When the lights get turned on/off speakers make noise? (1 Viewer)

Kyle_W

Agent
ok i'm sure this is a very simple question, but whenever my reciever is on and someone flips a switch anywhere in the house they make a scrathc noise, what can i do to stop this?

Evan H

Stunt Coordinator
get a line conditioner... I use a monster HTS 1000 that i got for around $120 i think in my system. I had a popping noise in my system whenever the refridgerator would turn on.

John S Smith

Agent
Kyle

When did it start?

Does this happen, only when a light (other electrical loads work OK) is switched?

How many lighting circuits do you have, if the answer is only one; Does the circuit your receiver uses "share " a neutral with the lighting circuit?

Have you checked your Electrical Panel for loose connections (especially neutrals)?

Loose neutrals are notorious for problems like this, my garbage disposal used to turn off the TV, not when it started but when it stopped! You guessed it, loose neutral.

..john

Kyle_W

Agent
ok thanks guys i'll check, it does it whenever any light is turned on in the whole house, i don't know about other loads because i'm in the basement and i don't really know what is being turned on off, i'll check the circuit board and make sure everything is secure (i'll probably end up getting shocked but oh well :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks