What's new

When does the NEW Sherwood prepro hit the Streets?? (1 Viewer)

TimGRA

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,
I must commend you on how well you continue to handle this thread! Its great.

Any possibility that the pre-pro will be released in the color black?

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Can you tell us what the crossover frequencies can be set to and is this separate for each group of speakers, Jeff?

Also, has the Australian distributor expressed any interest?

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
At this point, the new models will be available in titanium, only. (edited 1/19/04)

Crossover frequencies are global and can be set to 40/60/80/100/120 Hz. 4th order low pass filters. 2nd order high pass.

I have no details on the intentions of Sherwood's Australian distributor.

Jeff

Eric A

Second Unit
Jeff,
If this has already been asked please forgive me. Three quick questions:

1) Is the channel level calibration set at 1db increments or is it .5db increments?

2) Are speaker distances set at 1ft increments or .5ft increments?

3) You mentioned 3 channel level memories, do these include separate crossover settings inside as well?

Thanks and I am sure I will think of a few more.

TimGRA

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

IM glad it is going black. HMMM seemes like silver was popular in the..........70's!

Hurry up and get them to the NW! HA!

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
Tim:

Please see the above edit of my post regarding the color. We intend to have Titanium, only, for these models. Guess my brain and fingers weren't speaking to one another when I typed "black" earlier.

Jeff

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
Eric A asked:

1) Is the channel level calibration set at 1db increments or is it .5db increments?

2) Are speaker distances set at 1ft increments or .5ft increments?

3) You mentioned 3 channel level memories, do these include separate crossover settings inside as well?

Channel levels are set in 1 dB increments.

Speaker distances are calculated to the nearest foot.

The Channel Level Memories recoginze trim level, only, and do not include separate crossover settings.

Jeff

Oliver

Stunt Coordinator
There is no denying it: The P-965 looks awesome!
Jeff:
As the R-965 and the P-965 share the same case, what did the technicians fill the space with due to the missing amp section in the P-965? Does if have a generous power supply instead?
One other important thing: it would be really great if you could make a downloadable manual available.
Regards,
Oliver.

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
Oliver:

Warehouse space!

All kidding aside, while the P-965 has a huge power supply for a pre/pro including a toroidal transformer, there is a fair amount of empty space. The factory says it will keep the circuits cooler.

Although we have a preliminary manual, it's not quite ready for prime time. As soon as we have one that is, we'll post it on our web site.

Jeff

TimGRA

Stunt Coordinator
OAAAAAKHHHHHHH Jeff,

Dude whats up with titanium. If you made it in black IM sure it would be cheaper. Titanium is so expensive. DUH, of course I know its not REAL titanium.

A little disappointed. Black never gets old and out dated.

5.1 analog inputs for SACD/DVD-A?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Jeff,
Do you know if there are any dealers in Wisconsin? My next purchase is a tuner/preamp/processor.

I know you mentioned something about this earlier in the thread but can you set different crossovers for each speaker?

Upgradeable operating system - Does this mean that say DP III comes out this system would be upgradeable to that and anything else along those lines?

Thanks,
Chad

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
Chad:

Try the Sound Seller, (715) 735-5376.

The bass crossover is set globally--one setting applies to all speakers. Crossover choices are 40/60/80/100 or 120 HZ.

And finally, yes, should DPL-III or DTS-Neo7 come to market, you can upgrade the operating system to accommodate them.

Jeff

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
The bass crossover is set globally--one setting applies to all speakers.
But you can then set, say, the mains to "large" and surrounds to "small" so only the surrounds have the bass crossover, right?

Oh, and I doubt there are any dealers in Mississippi, but where is the closest dealer to zip code 39150?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks