What's new

When does the NEW Sherwood prepro hit the Streets?? (1 Viewer)

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Jeff, I want to commend you on being so gracious in answering our questions.
Guys have a look at their webiste...
http://www.sherwoodusa.com/nc_cat_hts.html
This should help you with some of your questions so Jeff can get on with getting that thing out on the streets. :)
Jeff how 'bout working out a "mention this thread and you get 20% off", when one goes to buy the thing? :)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
The picture was very hard to see. I need a receiver or Pre/Pro that either has 2 Component Outs, or has DVI Switching and Component Switching together.

The only ones I have found so far are the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver, the New Yamaha RX-Z9 Receiver and the Sony 9000ES.

I need to hook up a projector and a Plasma with Video Outs from a Pre/Pro or Receiver that will transfer Hi-Def signals to both.

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff_Scwz:

I think they already have the units in stock at Soundscape in Santa Rosa.

ChrisHeflen:

Multiple license plates. We have more units arriving in Cerritos next week.

Jeff

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Yes we GOT 'EM!!!
Here at Soundscape.
Got it on Thursday & set it up on Sat..
I can't goofy on Jeff any more.:angry:
Cause, it's here!
&
As I now sell 'em!
So, from now on take everything I say with a ton of sea salt! :b

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Not a big fan of the upsampler.
But then, I am not a fan of the Mambo's (Music Hall's intergrated at $1300US) either.
Both, soften the sound too much for these ear's.
However;
The sound of the P-965 is open & detailed.
Without being harsh.
Cinema EQ, is the ONLY THX certification, I certify.
And on Blue Crush, at my normal movie listen level (quess what? Not the THX level!!!) the Cinema EQ got in the way of the Newcastle's natural openness.
Not a good thing.
It's NOT sweet, however, it's detail does not come with overt dryness.
A success, in my book.
Lookout;
Not only do I sell it, I own the 9080.
It's fuller & richer than the 9080.
965 has some 'personality' to it, like the unit in video, always default's too Video 2.:confused:
Have too checkout two channel playback today.

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
I know the crossover is ajustable, but as another poster asked, can each speaker be set individualy? Example, say I want my center set at 60 hz, my fronts at 40 hz, my rears at 60 or 80 hz?
I am seriously considering this unit to replace my outdated (but VERY happy w/2 channel music listening) Marantz av9000.
I just dunno if it would sound as "pure" as my Marantz for 2 channel music (vinyl and CD's)
My main gripe, (1) its not in black (I have a black equip rack and all my units are black, cept my DVD player, and (2) no RF demod for LD.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Dean L,
It is a global crossover setting. I already checked with jeff.
So no you can't set seperate crossover for each speaker.

That is my problem also ...the color.....

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Chad.
Hopefully there will be a upgrade.
I won't buy one now till there is.
I know I could get a Outlaw crossover, but I feel flexable bass management should be built into all quality new pre-amps these days.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Individually set speaker crossover can be a "double edged sword" if not implemented correctly[in the processing chip].Many processor's low pass setting will mirrors the lowest setting from the high pass counterpart[typically the mains],and could discard the bass from other channels if those set to higher values,and the processor don't re-route that info to the mains.The LFE channel should be unaffacted by the crossover setings.but it's not always the case with certain processors.The only 2 pre/pros that address this are the Lexicon models and the Outlaw 950 and their clones.There might be others as well,but I don't know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks